Unhandled exception during run z hop

Basic Information: Unhandled exception during run

Printer Model: Voron Switchwire/Enderwire
MCU / Printerboard: Manta 3EZ
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue: I receive Unhandled exception during safe z home if I have z hop enabled. I have used this in the past without error. Only difference is that I am using sensorless homing on all axis.

moonraker.log (7.8 KB)

klippy (13).log (90.4 KB)

You are using a non official module in Klipper, although I’m not sure if it makes a difference here.

• Is it reproducible?
  • If yes, is it reproducible without the additional module?

I can if needed remove everything and start over, however this was happening from the start with this printer I just figured I would resolve it after I completed all my build and install. There is another bug report opened on this same issue that mentions disabling z hop with safe z home, but the whole point of safe z is to prevent a bed collision. Let me know if you need a clean install to verify.

It would be helpful if you can reproduce the error without the led_effect.py, just to make sure it really play no role.

Generally, I would not be aware of any incompatibilities between z-hop with safe-z-home. And if there were any, then Klipper should not just die but handle this with a graceful error message.

No worries happy to do this later today. FYI my symptoms are exact like the link listed below. identical, both using corexz with a switchwire and trying sensorless homing. log files are identical on where the failure happens. I was not sure since that one is closed if I should add to it. His solution was to use a physical endstop.

The solution was removing z-hop from [safe home] the end stop was there from the beginning.

Thanks. Still weird that Klipper errors out with an unhandled exception here.

hehe, that maybe, but it does. i have not tested it on 0.12, but i can, have the totally clean install SD-card still.

Edit: still happens
Edit2:and if i read the log i would have seen that you also have v0.12

Is this the correct place to report a bug like this?

This looks like a bug in the Klipper code. The immediate issue is likely fixed by tmc: Query latest value during _init_registers() by KevinOConnor · Pull Request #6406 · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub .

-Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.