Virtual SD card help

Basic Information:
Printer Model: Ender 5
MCU / Printerboard: Manta M4P CB1

Describe your issue: After replacing the stock ender 5 motherboards with the manta m4p / cb1 combo and setting up kliper/mainsail i ran into a problem. My print were stuttering while printing circles and after some searching im pretty sure the problem is the slow wifi connection to the printer being unable to send the huge number of information needed for a circles or arcs. I found out i can put my file on the sd card and print from the sd card and that it much better that way but i dont know how to do it. Any help?

The best way for people to help you is to have the klippy.log file that you were asked.

Please reply with it.

The virtual SD card is only relevant when using Octoprint. Mainsail requires the use of virtual SD, so you are already using it. Note that this has nothing to do with an actual physical SD card. Any problems you’re experiencing are not related to this if you’re using Mainsail.

Im trying to upload it but it keeps saying the file is too big. Not sure how to send it here.

I slowed down my prints and reduced my resolution in cura and it helped a bit but the problem is still there. No idea what to do.

You can zip (compress) it.

1 Like

I saw somebody saying to put this into my printer.cfg file and it works, prints looking good now. No idea what it does but it works.

[printer]
buffer_time_high: 50

Klipper tries to buffer 2 seconds worth of data in the MCU, which is also the default for buffer_time_high.
This setting was relevant when using slow (Raspberry 1 / Zero) hosts and Octoprint’s serial connection.

On today’s systems and using the virtual SD card feature, this setting is no longer needed.
Most likely, any improvement you are seeing is masking an underlying problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.