Bad Thermistor? "Heater Extruder Not Heating At Expected Rate"

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 Pro
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.7
klippy.log
Printer.cfg
printer.cfg (4.8 KB)
klippy.zip (2.3 MB)

I recently changed my hotend for a cheap one from amazon, it works great but I started to get “Heater Extruder Not Heating At Expected Rate” shut off error when doing my prints, I was not able to look at the temp graph before since I left the printer running at night but today I was able to catch a glimpse of how the temp is looking and it has quite a few low spikes, I have run the PID tune with cooling fans on and off and still get the same error, only thing left to is to change the thermistor to see if that solves the issue or maybe check my installation and wiring to see if everything is attached correctly unless I’m missing something in my configuration. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 140245

Your “printer.cfg” doesn’t help! klippy.log!

Good luck, hcet14

Ooouups, sorry.

Yup is there, sorry it was my first post here so didn’t know exactly how to arrange so it could appear in the top, I’ve posted this issue in multiple forums and some say that a faulty thermistor usually gives higher spikes

Sharp spikes like that usually point to a brief loss of connection, i.e. a defective cable that loses connection as the head moves.

1 Like

Thanks Arakon, after checking my wiring seems like there was one that got faulty with the movement and friction, I moved the wire and strapped it differently and seems like the problem is gone, I will try to do a more permanent fix later as I will be doing some changes to my current cooling setup and I might cut the wire where the fault seems to be and reattach it by soldering and heat-shrink wrap.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.