Bed mesh algorithm

Is the bed mesh algorithm active during a jog or just during a print? Thanks

A jog is the same as a printing move. As soon as you have a mesh loaded, the compensation will get applied.

Thanks for the info

I must be missing something obvious. To check that the bed mesh algorithm was working I calibrated the bed with a sheet of 3mm basswood on 1/4 of the bed. This created a very warped profile. I accepted the config and performed a SAVE_CONFIG. I then performed a z-offset on the lower part of the bed, accepted it and once again performed a SAVE_CONFIG. I performed a jog from a low bed position to X0,Y0 which is 3mm higher. I was expecting the Z axis to move during this jog to compensate for the 3mm difference. The Z axis did not move at all so it seems the bed mesh algorithm is not working. What am I doing wrong?

You need to load the mesh.

https://www.klipper3d.org/G-Codes.html#bed_mesh_profile

OK Thanks I will check it out

Loading the mesh did the trick. Thanks jakep_82. Just one more item and I think that will be it. I perform a PROBE_CALIBRATE and do the “paper test” to get a 0.01mm clearance. I do this at the dead center of the bed. I perform a SAVE_CONFIG and rehome the printer. When I send the nozzle back to the exact same X,Y coordinates and perform a G0 Z0 I was expecting the nozzle to stop at 0.01mm but it does not. Instead it stops at ~0.02ish mm (0.01mm above where I expected it to be). The same thing happens with a mesh bed loaded and no bed mesh loaded. I guess I’m messing something again.

1 Like

I’m not sure what printer you have, but I think repeatability to within 10 microns after losing stepper position and rehoming is pretty darn good. I wish my printer would do that!

To this point, if the dead-center-of-the-bed point is the same point you use for homing z with the probe and for the mesh reference (which is what I do), then it would be the expected behavior that the offset at this point would be the same regardless of whether the mesh is loaded. Check your mesh coordinates and find one that is a noticeable distance from zero and try the G0 Z0 at that point with and without the mesh loaded. You should see a difference there.

Thanks … I will try that

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.