Bed_mesh_level at start of print without save/restart

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Artillery Sidewinder X1
MCU / Printerboard: SKR 1.4 Turbo
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Hi there. General, possibly stupid, question. I have not found any answers anywhere else (except ChatGPT, but I don’t trust robots I can’t send a G28 command to).

When I do a bed_mesh_calibrate, at the end Klipper/Mainsail always prompts me to save the profile and restart. How do I do a bed mesh level (G29 equivalent) with every print as part of my start_print macro without restarting Klipper?

This is more Mainsail than Klipper.

You can just insert BED_MESH_CALIBRATE into the start gcode and you are good to go. In that case, you use that gcode instead of BED_MESH_PROFILE Load=mesh1

When you have a huge bed with more than 3x3 test points, it is more convenient to do the mesh once in a while, save it and reload it when it is used.
With a 5x5 mesh, you have to consicer, if you went to do the mesh before every print.

You may also see here:

https://www.klipper3d.org/Bed_Mesh.html

Thanks for the reply. So seems more mainsail and klipperscreen. Any suggestions on how to prevent those prompts from coming up? Klipperscreen in particular is annoying as gives a wholescreen prompt with “continue” or “restart”.

Take a look at GitHub - kyleisah/Klipper-Adaptive-Meshing-Purging: A unique leveling solution for Klipper-enabled 3D printers!

Thank you! Seems like my Google skills are terrible, given that I’ve been looking for this answer off and on for a few days now.

What’s interesting is that when I set my BED_MESH_CALIBRATE profile=default this prompt doesn’t happen. I’ll double check though to make sure I’m not imagining it.

-S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.