Bug in Klipper pinout documentation for SKR mini E3 V3.0

I believe I’ve found a bug for the SKR Mini E3 V3.0. The heater fan config is supposed to be:

[heater_fan controller_fan]
pin: PB15
heater: heater_bed
heater_temp: 45.0

However, I get an error when trying to print that says pin PB15 is reserved for spi2

The error reads:
“pin PB15 is reserved for spi2”

The problem is that according to the BTT pinout documentation PB15 pin is supposed to be for the heater fan.

This seems to be a difference between the BTT SKR mini E3 V3.0 and the BTT SKR mini E3 V2.0. Pin PB15 was a pin for the screen on the V2.0 but that pin for the screen has changed to PD6 on V3.0.

Sooooo I’m guessing that the spi2 reservation should be PD6 and not PB15 for the V3.0 board.

What should I do about this?

So what should I do about all this?

Well, this is what i have and it works. i have BTT SKR MINI E3
It controls the fan that cools the hot end heat sink.
[heater_fan fan]
pin: PB15
heater: extruder
heater_temp: 50.0
fan_speed: 1.0

1 Like

Have you got this sorted?

See BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3/firmware/V3.0/Klipper/SKR-mini-E3-V3.0-klipper.cfg at master · bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3 · GitHub

There is nothing to fix as PB15 is a legit fan pin and corresponds to the FAN2 port.

If you get the above error, then likely you made a mistake during make menuconfig. Closely follow the instructions on top of the file and in doubt issue a make distclean before to revert all settings to default.