Total Klipper Noob and his SKR Mini e3 v3 controlling the fans

Hi,
Im brand new to klipper and Im trying to set up my fans.
I have an SKR Mini e3 v3 and I want my hot end fan to come on when the hot end goes above 50, my case fan to come on when the heated bed is above 50 as well. Then there is the part cooling fan as well.
So Ive tried the default cfg file from BTT and I cant get the behaviour I am after.
The hot end fan is in Fan 2, the case fan 1 and part cooling fan 0.
I think the fans are labelled wrong, when I turn on the fan in octoprint, the part cooling fan turns on so I guess that is correctly labelled as fan on PC6.

Any suggestions of anything else missing from my config file would be much appreciated, I have an ezabl type sensor for bed levelling and a btt smart filament sensor hooked up as well.
printer.cfg (5.0 KB)

This is what I use on skr mini V3. Without any additional options the behavior is the default for heater_fan and controller_fan

#Part cooling fan
[fan]
pin: PC6

#Heatsink cooling fan
[heater_fan heatsink_fan]
pin: PC7

#Motherboard controler fan
[controller_fan motherboard_fan]
pin: PB15

So with this arrangement, the heat sink fan comes on all the time? When does the motherboard fan come on?

At the default values: heat sink fan at 50 Celsius and “controller fan” is a fan that will be enabled whenever its associated heater or its associated stepper driver is active. From here and here. Official documentation is priceless.

It’s not a good idea to activate the MCU fan when the bed reach 50. You could use the stepper drivers and cause MCU to overheat without heating the bed. There are cases when you need to cool down the motherboard even the bed is cold. So use the default behavior because it’s safe.

Thanks for the help. Hadn’t thought of that, was just trying to make sure the motherboard fan only ran when it was needed.

Me again. The next issue I have now is the btt smart filament sensor. I’ve followed the guidance and have it set up as a motion sensor. I’m not sure if it pauses correctly. I tried my first print and it paused straight away and didnt recover. I’m expecting a marlin style, M600 where it parks the filament head and unloads all the filament before loading it again once the user tells it to.