Can't build firmware for ENDER S1 STM32F401

Basic Information:

Printer Model: ENDER S1
MCU / Printerboard: STM32F401
Host / SBC
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

hello,

I have been trying to load the firmware on my ender 3 s1 for days, and I have no way to do it, at the time I loaded the firmware and it worked but days later due to a problem with the mcu I changed the firmware and I can’t get it to work anymore
I have tried with lowlevel format and various possible configurations, changing the name of the .bin, putting it in the STM32F4_UPDATE folder
I’ll send you a photo of the chip to see if anyone has managed to flash it.

Your post is a bit confusing - are you having trouble building the firmware or Flashing it on the board.

As for building, you should be able to using make menuconfig:

As for doing the actual firmware update, I found this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ender3S1/comments/vrsl1o/ender_3_s1_oem_firmware_update_instructions/

Which seems to indicate that you must copy the .bin file into the root folder of the SD Card and then createa separate folder called “private”.

Please explain exactly which aspects of the firmware build and flash process you’re having problems with and detail what you have been doing.

Hello , thanks for the quick respone

I have finally been able to flash the printer, the fact is that I was having problems detecting the mcu, and it is because the USB connection detects it only if I use the command (sudo dmesg) every time, this caused it to not detect the MCU or Klipper correctly . Now I have the problem that every time I want to connect it, it asks me for that command to detect the printer

Why don’t you post your klippy.log?

Good luck, hcet14

1 Like