Can't save hotend PID autotune after deleting from bottom of printer.cfg

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard: Fysetc Spider
klippy.log
klippy.log (5.1 MB)

Alright so I just tore down my V2.4 with around 5000 hours on it and did the R2 upgrade, as well as CANBus. In terms of firmware, I just ran the original instance of Klipper and Mainsail that I installed originally and upgraded all packages etc. through the web UI.

Like an idiot, I deleted alot of stuff from the very bottom of the printer.cfg file thinking I wouldn’t need it i.e. where it says ‘DO NOT EDIT THIS BLOCK OR BELOW’ such as bed meshes, skew correction values, etc. I also deleted my hotend PID tuning info from here, and now I’m having issues when I try to SAVE_CONFIG after PID autotuning. The heatbed is fine, because I guess I didn’t delete this, but once I PID autotune the hotend and try to save I get the following error:

SAVE_CONFIG section ‘extruder’ option ‘control’ conflicts with included value

Have I broken the SAVE_CONFIG function for my hotend PID autotuning, as well as all the other stuff that was there that got deleted i.e. aforementioned skew correction. bed mesh, etc? Do I need to reinstall Klipper? No matter how much I try to manually uncomment out the PID values in my extruder section I can’t get the new values to autosave.

For now, I’ve just been pasting the values back in manually, but that’s kinda annoying long-term.

TIA, klippy log is attached.

Hello @Tooks !

Can you upload the printer.cfg please?

Hey @EddyMI3D, thanks for the quick reply!

Sure, I’ll attached that here:
printer.cfg (19.2 KB)

I can confirm, bed mesh ISN’T broken, you’ll see that it saved to the correct area, but I just tried to PID autotune the hotend again and no dice.

Un-remark these lines in your [extruder] section and try again:

#control: pid
#pid_kp: 21.788
#pid_ki: 2.046
#pid_kd: 58.012

Same issue unfortunately, very weird

See if this helps: SAVE_CONFIG section 'bltouch' option 'z_offset' conflicts with included value

No luck unfortunately, there are no other instances in of PID control for the hotend, and also no luck if I try to just paste new values at the very bottom in the SAVE_CONFIG section

Please post your entire cfg files

Problem solved guys - I went back and checked my canbus-ebb36.cfg folder and there was till some heater_extruder PID control information uncommented that Klipper was not able to overwrite with the SAVE_CONFIG function.

If anyone is having a similar issue, check all your .cfg files.

Appreciate the help from all.