EBB42 STM32 Temperature

Hello, my first ever post on this forum (forgive me if this has already been asked, I had a quick look but couldn’t see anything).

I’m setting up a custom build printer with Klipper and have got an EBB42 CAN board on my print head. I’d like to get the temperature of the EBB42 (the STM32 and, if possible, the TMC2209 chip). Is there a way to configure this in the klipper printer.cfg to display current temperatures. I not sure the TMC2209 has an inbuilt temp sensor but the STM32 surely does? Many thanks.

https://www.klipper3d.org/Config_Reference.html#builtin-micro-controller-temperature-sensor

Thanks @jakep_82 but forgive my ignorance. I’ve read that page before but still don’t really understand what I need to do with my printer.cfg file.

[temperature_sensor EBB42]
sensor_type: temperature_mcu
sensor_mcu: EBB42

@SamPrint

[temperature_sensor EBB]
sensor_type: temperature_mcu
sensor_mcu: EBBCan

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. I get an error: “Unknown pin chip name ‘EBB42’” I’ve tried a few variations and power cycling in between, Still no luck sadly. I’ll re flash my boards to make sure it’s sot something to do with that. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. I get an error: “Unknown pin chip name ‘EBBCan’” I’ve tried a few variations and power cycling in between, Still no luck sadly. I’ll re flash my boards to make sure it’s sot something to do with that. Thanks :slight_smile:

It will be the mcu name you set for the EBB42
In BTT sample file it is [mcu EBBCan]

[mcu] will be your mainboard.
[mcu ‘name’] will be your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc boards.

Example:
My Voron 2.4 will have six, [mcu] and the other 5 will be.
[mcu EBBCan]
[mcu ZAxis_0]
[mcu ZAxis_1]
[mcu ZAxis_2]
[mcu ZAxis_3]

The A & B drives will be TMC5160 Pro at 48V on the mainboard, they haven’t made CAN boards for HV drivers yet.

1 Like