Endstop/probe on SKR 1.3 not triggered (solved, kind of)

Basic Information:

Printer Model: DIY cartesian
MCU / Printerboard: SKR 1.3
Host / SBC: Orange Pi
klippy.log

klippy2708.log (16.6 KB)

Update:
This was kind of embarrasing, The endstop/probe was working! I dont know why but I kind of expected the indication of status of the endstops to change as they were triggered. They don’t, you have to refresh the page (obviously). Doing that at the same time at momentarily triggering the probe is not the way to do this. Simply keeping the probe triggered and then checking the status is what I should have done. Lesson learned I guess.

I am converting my old printers from Marlin to Klipper with Mainsail UI. They have SKR 1.3 and SKR 1.4 turbo. (just tried the one with 1.3 so far) Using TMC2209s sensorless homing and inductive probe for z. The jumper settings on the SKR have not been changed since using Marlin. When moving a metal object close to the probe the led on the top of the probe is lit. I have tried different configurations for z (with and without pull up, with and without virtual endstop). I also had a look at the BTT documentation and the probe is connected to the pin marked as P1.25. Everything else seems to work fine. I can read and change temperatures, move motors with stepper buzz etc.

I will try the SKR 1.4 as well but I suspect I have missed something basic in my config.
The image shows where the probe is connected. It’s a LJ8A3-2-Z/BX-5V probe.

Some thoughts:

• Hard to tell from the picture, but P1.25 is the Y-max port (middle row of the endstop connectors to the edge of the board)
  • Check Verify endstops, also with respect to negating (!) the pin
  • Check if a pull-up notation (^) is needed

Thanks it did actually already work as configured. I just misunderstood the information when verifying the probe.

1 Like