Extras not recognized

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 V2
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.2
Log: Attached

Hello,

I have been trying to no avail to add extras to klipper such as autotune_tmc and klippain shake and tune. The files exist in the extras folder and they should, according to klipper documentation, be recognized. However each time I get the " Section ‘gcode_shell_command shaketune’ is not a valid config section" message. I cant for the life of me figure out why klipper is not recognizing these scripts.

Edits:
Attached klippy.log in lieu of pastebin
klippy (3).log (34.1 KB)

Please attach your klippy.log to your post and not externally.
If too big either zip it or delete the old log and restart Klipper to generate a new log file.

1 Like

Attached to OP

What is the full path of the subdirectory where you put the extra modules?

autotune_tmc.py and gcode_shell_command.py both exist at:
/home/octopus/klipper/klippy/extras

Try putting them in /opt/klipper/klippy/extras/.

That was it. Was pulling my hair out for the last 2 days lol. I appreciate it

1 Like

Looks like a classic case of foot-gunning yourself with the choice of the paths.

Any reason for choosing the path in /opt instead of the regular home folder?

I followed a guide that was less than official when I first took the dive into klipper. Way before I knew about kiauh or general normalities. The guide I followed turned out to not work (shocker), so I went back and installed with kiauh. By the end of it I had 2 folders, one in home and one in opt. I figured since the one in home showed up as a result of the most recent installation, that would be the one that it used. Hasn’t caused issues up til now.

Now that I figured that out with the help of the above, OCD me wants to clean up those remnants. Is there an easy way to use the one in /home? Is it as simple as changing the path in the service file?

Honestly, at this point I wouldn’t mess with it since it’s running. Just remember (or make yourself a /home/pi/NOTE_TO_SELF file) what is located where. If you are determined to clean it up, I would suggest backing up your configs and starting fresh with a clean OS image rather than trying to monkey with your current installation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.