Confusing error message

Basic Information:

Ender3 V2
Raspberry pi, BTT SKR MINI E3 V2.0
klippy (14).log (28.0 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

…Hi everyone, have just done a new install using KIAUH on my raspberry pi and have installed my usual configs but my error is asking for the klipper config and i have no idea where that is, any help appreciated

Hello @Mightywren !

Have a look at the printer.cfg if there is a line that says:

include klipper.cfg (or so)

You then comment it out with a hash (#) or delete the line.

The question is: Are there macros in that file that are used elsewhere.

Yes there is, and i already tried that but more errors keep on popping up, ive looked at the folder with Win sp and it says the Klipper config is missing, i go look for it online and just come up with printer cfgs

It seems, the rest depends on that klipper.cfg.

I can’t say where you can get it from.

Did you download the printer cfg from the net? May that location can give you a hint.

I would think this being a klipper discussion that someone would know, not being a smart arse or anything just a bit frustrated as my printer was working fine one month, go to start up again and all my update section files were all corrupted so hence a full reinstall.
But i hsve a small hint i think, before the error message comes up it says that Moonraker cant connect to Klipper, dont know if this is any help or not.

Would anyone running Klipper 12 please be able to WinSCP into their raspberry pi and see if they have a Klipper config file available and if so post it, just to see if im barking up the wrong tree or not

Right. Have a look at your klippy.log.

[mcu]
serial = /dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>

[printer]
kinematics = none
max_velocity = 1000
max_accel = 1000
=======================
mcu 'mcu': Starting serial connect
mcu 'mcu': Unable to open serial port: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>'

This is not looking good. Seems you have no config for your printer at all. You didn’t initiate the serial connection nor your kinematics. Something is totally wrong.

This can’t be your usual configuration.

You might read the documentation again. Sineos’ knowledge base Knowledge Base - Klipper is also helpful.

People here try to help.

Why were your files corrupted? Can you write more about that. Before you start a new installing, you may find the cause why your working printer stopped working!!!

How old is the sdcard in your RPi?

Good luck, hcet14

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.