Extruder temperature lower than Klipper shows

Hey guys,
I have run into a bit of an issue with my extruder’s temp sensor.
When I raise the temp to 235c, Klipper is reporting the temperature but the actual temperature is much lower. I am seeing temps around 90c.
I tried each of the provided sensors from the configuration reference section, under [extruder]. None of the changes made a difference.
I purchased new WINSINN HT-NTC100K Thermistor Sensors but this also didn’t help.
I tried each sensor with and without a 4700k pullup resistor and this didn’t change anything.
I double-checked the temperature differences with my multimeter’s temp probe and my heat gun.
I moved the heat gun’s laser around until I found the highest temperatures.
My setup is-
Cartesian style printer
Octopus Pro
300 by 300 heated build plate
500℃ High-Temperature Plated Copper Heater Block
Copper throat
Brass nozzle
24-volt power supply

I have run out of ideas and need some help.
Thanks.

Where did you measure the temperature of the hotend with DMV sensor?

I measured it in different places. I figured it out. My heat block wasn’t heating properly. I swapped it with another plated copper heat block and everything is great.
I am working on macros now. Wish me luck. lol

1 Like

Im wondering about this. I had a heating element get stuck in my microswiss all metal heat block due to the allan screw rounding out. I cut the heating element and thermistor off (40w24element and unknown thermistor) to remove the screw but ordered a microswiss ht (high temp nickel plated copper) im the event i could not. I also ordered a new thermistor (100k ntc 3950) as well as a new heating element (24v50w) for my ender 3v2 running klipper. It doesnt print right now, definitely under temperature. I put a thermocouple on it this morning to see how hot its getting and its consistently 15-17 degrees off. I did change the thermistor in klipper from the epcos to generic 3950 and pid tuned however its off. When you say defective heat block in what way was it defective? I checked the resistance on the thermistor and it was about 114 ohms and im not getting any errors in klipper. Wondering what my next steps should be and really curious how the block was the fault in your case.