Compiling out/src/stm32/serial.o
Compiling out/src/generic/serial_irq.o
Compiling out/src/stm32/hard_pwm.o
Building out/compile_time_request.o
Version: v0.12.0-10-gea2f6bc0
Preprocessing out/src/generic/armcm_link.ld
Linking out/klipper.elf
lto-wrapper: warning: using serial compilation of 4 LTRANS jobs
lto-wrapper: note: see the ā€˜-fltoā€™ option documentation for more information
Creating hex file out/klipper.bin
[āœ“ OK] Firmware built!

Hi Im trying to get my printer working with kilpper on serial from the wifi module but doesnā€™t seem to connect.
I downloaded the bin file from ā€œSOSā€ and the Config file but it wont connect.
The tx rx are connected right as ive done this before .
I even tried to remake a new bin file but I see an error as above in the txt block, which I dont know what it means.
I also checked over BlackNet76 site for th install and In his install of kilpper he reinstalled it ? Do i have to reinstall kilpper justt he way he didā€¦? As mine was just installed with Kiauh as normal and seems to work fineā€¦ But did see he changed a Portā€¦
Thanks for any help.!

I guess this is your first thread in this forum.
To help you, we need your klippy.log.
Provide all information about your printer, e.g. printer board. Itā€™s an MKS Nano 6 V3.2. took me 3 minutes to goā€¦le that.

Good luck, hcet14

1 Like

Thanks i will drop in the klippy.log soon.
And yes new to how much is needed here. just needed pointing in the right direction.
Since the reborn 2 may have different boards but they seem all the same, mine is a nano6 v3.2 like most and is stock.
cheers!

Ok So more information it is, I followed Printer3dSOS for most of this including his config.
Im just wondering if i need to reinstall klipper and Mainsail ā€¦ but they seems to work all but the wifi connectionā€¦
I did rename the bin file firmware.bin as that seems fine when it updates and erased and loadedā€¦

klippy (1).log (125.7 KB)

Yes :smile: I guess this is your problem.

serial: /dev/ttyAMA0

Did you read How-To Trouble-Shoot
You might look for ā€œConnection Problems to the Printer Boardā€.

1 Like

Thanks, I have tx to rx and rx to tx from the Pi to the Reborn 2 mks board so unless its meant to be tx to tx and rx to rx , then its right. and the serial: /dev/ttyAMA0 was already put in by 3dprinterSOS so im guessing its correct.
:roll_eyes:

/dev/ttyAMA0 is used for direct UART connection, so this COULD be correct, BUT it depends on the SBC and the Linux distribution and the used pins on the SBC

For UART to work, you will always have to connect RX (board) to TX (SBC) and vice versa.
Iā€™d not recommend using UART unless you feel comfortable with it:

• Needs the correct parameters during make menuconfig
  • Needs some knowledge on the used hardware due to the dependencies discussed above
  • Messing it up can kill your board or SBC

Thanks for that , I have rechecked the connections with a multimeter and all is good.
So the connections are right .
I run this to see what may show up but Im not sure what Iā€™m seeing and maybe someone else canā€™t tell me with the USB serial section ?

Thanks ā€¦ I may just reload all over again if I cant find the issueā€¦

In general please post such information as attached text file. Such screenshots are a pain to check.

This is exactly one of the challenges you will have when using UART: You do not see a connection on OS level (not a successful one and not a failed one).
Your only indication is when Klipper connects or not.

1 Like

Hi , Ok will do , just thought it was easier without having the whole lot.
Thanks !
I think i will do a full redo as it should work ive worked with serial stuff before just not klipper stuffā€¦ Regrads Les

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.