Klipper Cant connect to MCU ZNP Robin Nano DW V2.1

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Elegoo Neptune 3
MCU / Printerboard: ZNP Robin Nano DW V2.1
klippy.log Klippy.log
printer.cfgprinter.cfg

I know there’s so many post why klipper cant connect to the MCU but I’ve looked though all of them and tried their solution but still cant get it to connect. Sorry to add more to the list.

I’m having issues getting klipper to connect to my printer. I’ve tried flashing my printer at least 5 times using “theferaengineer” BIN file from his github and “jerryngm” BIN file from his github. I have also created my own BIN file using the make command but no avail.
Screenshot 2024-02-03 151313

The Printer is connected though USB

I’m also able to the the MCU ID: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0

I am kinda stuck at this point and dont know where to go.

Looking at the klippy log I was wondering why it shows:

[mcu]
serial = /dev/ttyUSB0
restart_method = command

Even though Ive specified the printer.cfg file to look at /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0

EDIT:
Here is the dmesg:

[ +0.022950] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[Feb 4 22:42] usb 5-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[ +0.008220] ch341-uart ttyUSB0: ch341-uart converter now disconnected from tty USB0
[ +0.000489] ch341 5-1:1.0: device disconnected
[Feb 4 22:43] usb 5-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using xhci-hcd
[ +0.140933] usb 5-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a86, idProduct=7523, bcdD evice=81.33
[ +0.000013] usb 5-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ +0.000005] usb 5-1: Product: USB Serial
[ +0.008201] ch341 5-1:1.0: ch341-uart converter detected

I’ve also tried using a SBC(orangepi) and im still getting the same results.

If it’s connected by USB, why would you tell it to connect via UART?
Set the communication interface to USB, reflash, and it should work.

This is not a general advice. Depending on the board, e.g. the presence of a CH34x USB to serial chip, this can be (and often is) a valid setting.

Klipper-for-MKS-Boards/MKS Robin Nano V2.x/generic-mks-robin-nano-v2.cfg at main · makerbase-mks/Klipper-for-MKS-Boards · GitHub should give you the required information to build the firmware for this board.

Of course, under the negligent assumption that Elegoo has not done something strange here again and the board is identical to the MKS Robin Nano variants.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.