For some reason, z1 doesn't seem to want to move

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

I tried to run the btt skr2 with the test1 configuration, but the z1 motor did not work properly. Of course I have checked that the endstops are OK with QUERY_ENDSTOPS as per Verify endstops. x and y homing without problems.
Swapped z and z1 stepper drivers in test1 configuration => z1 motor did not work. Stepper driver seems fine.
Test2 configuration, swapped on mainboard side =>z motor did not work. z1 motor worked. So z1 cable and z1 motor appear to be OK.
In test3, swapped z and z1 stepper drivers with new ones. => z1 motor did not run.
test1 replaced all motor cables in test1 configuration =>z1 motor did not run
test1 configuration, replaced z and z1 motors with new ones =>z1 motors did not work
test4 swapped x and z1 cables on the mainboard side. x motor did not run. z1 motor ran. So z1 cable and z1 motor appear to be OK.
Test5 switched mainboard to btt octopus => z1 motor did not work
Changed mainboard driver from slot3 to slot6 in test6 =>z1 motor did not work
Changed mainboard driver from slot6 to slot7 in test=>z1 motor did not work

Where should I check next?
The klippey.log is taken with the test5 configuration

klippy.log (54.6 KB)

Deleted my stuff, sorry

What version of the BTT skr is that?

Why? Your picture says, some octopus…

Good luck, hcet14

1 Like

skr2 revB & F407 ,test1-4=skr2 test5-7=octopus ,now connected octopus. klippy.log uses octopus

In the log from your original post, the problem is your enable pin. It needs to be inverted, but on Z1 it’s not inverted.

[stepper_z1]
step_pin = PG4
dir_pin = PC1
microsteps = 16
rotation_distance = 4
enable_pin = PA0
endstop_pin = PG11

Should be:

[stepper_z1]
step_pin = PG4
dir_pin = PC1
microsteps = 16
rotation_distance = 4
enable_pin = !PA0
endstop_pin = PG11

Thanks, the z1 motor runs great with Octopus.

[stepper_z1]
enable_pin = !PA0 # Correctly inverted

I didn’t realise the default was wrong.

The commented out enable_pin in driver3 is wrong. Should we tell them about this?
generic-bigtreetech-octopus.cfg

The SKR2 did not work, it was the tmc2209 stealthchop_threshold. I commented it out and it worked. I’ll slowly look for the optimal value later.