FORCE_MOVE on extruder_stepper

Basic Information:

Printer Model: DYI Modified Gimax 3D Standard 1.0
MCU / Printerboard: BTT Octopus
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

Hi

Is it possible to use the FORCE_MOVE command on an extruder_stepper? The command works fine on a “normal” extruder but not on an extruder_stepper.

The command FORCE_MOVE STEPPER=extruder_right DISTANCE=15 VELOCITY=5 ACCEL=1000 brings the error message “Unknown stepper extruder_right”

Configuration of the stepper_extruder:
[extruder_stepper extruder_right]
extruder:
step_pin: PF9
dir_pin: PF10
enable_pin: !PG2
rotation_distance: 4.637
microsteps: 16
full_steps_per_rotation: 200
klippy.log (19.7 KB)

Hello @The_Toby !

I think it starts with an issue in the usage of [extruder_stepper]

According to this: Configuration reference - Klipper documentation, you have to designate an extruder to that [extruder_stepper] is synchronized to.

What is the purpose of this second extruder?

Hi @EddyMI3D

Yes, that’s what I assumed as well. But if I change the command to:
SYNC_EXTRUDER_MOTION EXTRUDER=extruder MOTION_QUEUE=
SYNC_EXTRUDER_MOTION EXTRUDER=extruder_right MOTION_QUEUE=extruder
FORCE_MOVE STEPPER=extruder DISTANCE=15 VELOCITY=5 ACCEL=1000
… it moves the stepper of “extruder” and not the “extruder_right” that I synced to the extruder. So I guess the command is accessing the stepper directly and not via the extruder it is assigned to.

Purpose:
I’m currently modifying my printer and added a Phaetus TaiChi hotend (2-in, 1-out) with two Orbiter V2 extruders and two Ortiber V2.2 sensors. The Orbiter extruder should “grab” the filament into the gears once I push the filament through the sensor (independent of the orbiter stepper currently assigned to the extruder). That’s why I want to use the FORCE_MOVE command.

I started with the original configuration for the Ortiber V2.2 sensors as provided on this page. But that configuration is only for 1 extruder and now I’m modifying it for my dual extruder with 2-in/1-out hotend setup.

Try
FORCE_MOVE STEPPER="extruder_stepper extruder_right"

1 Like

@Sineos There we go!!! Yes, this is working. Thx :pray: