Getting an error that 'Step_Pin" must be specified, but it already is?

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Custom Delta
MCU / Printerboard: SKR MINI E3 V3
klippy.log
klippy log.txt (172.9 KB)

Describe your issue:

I’m working with an old Delta printer that I ripped the electronics out of and have been upgrading to Klipper via a SKR Mini e3 v3. I wrote the attached config file based off of the example configs for delta printers and the skr mini e3 v3. I’ve been getting the error “Option ‘step_pin’ in section ‘stepper_a’ must be specified” but I have it defined in my config, so what’s going on?

The error is a little confusing because Klipper is looking for a stepper_a section, but it’s not there. The reason it’s looking for stepper_a is because you changed the kinematics to delta, but right now you have X,Y, and Z defined instead of A,B, and C.

I should note you previously had the kinematics defined as cartesian which is why you didn’t see the error until the last restart in the log.

Whoops, I feel a little dumb, I went and fixed the X/Y/Z stepper labelling to A/B/C but it didn’t get sent, I restarted and re-sent the new config and that error went away.
I updated the uart addresses for the steppers too, but now I’m getting a weird M112 error

I’ve attached my updated log file
klipper log corrected.txt (8.4 KB)

You need the full path to the serial device in your config.

This:

[mcu]
serial: usb-Klipper_stm32g0b1xx_1100240012504B5735313920-if00

Should be this:

[mcu]
serial: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Klipper_stm32g0b1xx_1100240012504B5735313920-if00

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.