Help please! sigma d25

Basic Information:

Printer Model: SIGMA D25 (2020)
MCU / Printerboard: DEAD BOARD
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Hi all, I have problems, I would like your help. My Sigma D25 is from 2020 and doesn’t have the piezo, just the stoppers. After a storm the main plate (marlin) was lost, I need to change it for it to work. I’m thinking about using an octopus but I don’t know where to start. Can you help me, new here. Thanks

If you didn’t used klipper previously, then most probably you don’t have dedicated “host” system like RPI.

If it’s that case - then I would suggest to look at Manta M4P/M8P boar with additional CB1 Module - then you would have everything to run klipper in one package and don’t deal with separate “host” system.

Yes, you’re right, I’m studying and learning about and the M8P+CB1 is better for (6axis = idex). This board would prepare the environment to run Klipper. But I never needed to program or install anything in Klipper, I was just using it, but now the time has come to do it. I don’t know the measurements, the pins, the endstops where they go. I will have to learn how. Can you help me??
** The only thing I’m doing is reading the marlin printer files “Configuration.h” and “pins.h” to try to understand a little more.

Well usually everybody try to use existing configurations for their control boards and machine design, so if you are looking to use manta M8P - klipper already contain sample basic configuration for this board, you can find it in sources “config/generic-bigtreetech-manta-m8p-v1.1.cfg”

As I can see there also some config fox idex “config/sample-idex.cfg”
But it contain only small sample fraction for “dual extruder” setup.

I think it will be more complicated to rewire everything in your machine to new board.

Most probably I can help you to achieve a result - but how long it will take depends from your knowledge base and engineering skills.

I highly suggest first to read this topic: Klipper Architecture / Ecosystem
So you would have basic understanding about klipper architecture.

1 Like

Thank you my friend for looking here, I’m better now. I’ll start by reading about Klipper and the other machines are working, so it would be a calm process. The objective of this modification would be to not lose $$ and modernize. As for time, no definition. Long time project because just ordering the parts takes time, I live in Brazil. But no problem, we are all global.
Nice topic by Sineos.

When changing the extrusion system from 2.85mm to 1.75mm, in your experience, which one would you choose? Bowden or direct drive. If direct use “ORBITER” and if bowden use the "TITAN LEFT/RIGHT) and the modern V6 ceramic.
** All stopper OMRON SS-5-F 3 Pin, used 2 pin.

It depends how ridged your machine are, in your case you have 2 extruders, so if you are looking on DirectDrive (DD) you will add considerable weight to most moving part of the system - this will increase ringing effects and reduce speed.
From other side with Bowden Drive (BD) with 1.75mm filament you will get more issues with stringing and retracts, because 2.85mm filament was more ridged but this give it better control in BD.

In terms of ceramic heater - I don’t know, never used it, but I think old style metal block is better because you have there some thermal mass which helps to stabilize temperature, in 3D Printing we are not changing Temperature during print, so why to bother with more dynamic nozzle temperature, but again I never used it - maybe i’m wrong.

As i know Omron switches are very good in terms of their life. But you are using them very often and it’s more about repeatability of switch positions. most probably they will be fine.

Good observations, let’s keep the traditional line much better. Maintain bowden and hotend Nice day tanks.
**Getting good filaments measuring 2.85mm here in my country is increasingly difficult. This is why the change.

In that case I would look at Width sensor - klipper does have support for it. It will not resolve all possible issues - but it’s better than nothing :slight_smile:

1 Like

What would this sensor be like and how it works.

I did see 2 different types, first is based on optical array sensor (Array based) another is based in Lever and Hall effect sensor (Hall based)
In those links you will see some description, more details search in Youtube

Yes, I’ll look into that, we’ll talk later. Another learning experience, it will be important. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.