Homing with Z-MAX / leveling with BLtouch

Basic Information:

Printer Model: HeVoron (Trident and some linear rods)
MCU / Printerboard: OranegPi Zero2W / Duet 2 WiFi
klippy.log (601 KB)

Describe your issue:

Hi!
I just swapped in 1 from my 4 printers RepRapFirmware to Klipper. Mainboard is Duet2WiFi.
I have Z max endstop that I’m using for homing and BLtouch that is used to leveling and z-tilting.
On RRF there was no problem with homing with Z-endstop and before printing probing ONCE center of the bed (with G30 command) and after loading saved mesh.
How to do that with Klipper?
I dont want to home with BLtouch.

You can home with the endstops and only use the probe for mesh or other calibration works. Single Z-Probe (G30) is not supported.

Yes, but how printer/klipper may know correct Z-offset? I mean endstop reading can be not accurate so would be appreciated, before print, do single probe to get correct offset.
If i understood it’s not possible in klipper?

You will hardly find anything more accurate than a good quality microswitch and an endstop that is properly dialed in. This btw is the reason why certain probes, e.g. Euclid and others exactly use these simple microswitches.

And if you combine your endstop with Klipper’s Phase tuning, the accuracy will even be higher.

No

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.