Inability for OctoPi to communicate with Creality V4.2.7 MCU

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3
MCU / Printerboard: Creality V4.2.7
klippy.txt (12.0 KB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file. Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed

Describe your issue:

I am new to Klipper. I have flashed the firmware to my V4.2.7 controller board. I am running OctoPi with OctoKlipper installed. I was trying over and over with no success at connecting my OctoPi with the printer until on a whim, I went into OctoPrint Settings->Serial Connection and I changed Serial Port from “Auto” to “/tmp/printer” and Baudrate from “Auto” to 115200. Once I made that change I finally had success in the two talking to each other… for a short bit. Unfortunately, if I attempt to send any command to the printer, it immediately disconnects the “mcu”. I’m trying to figure out what needs to be done to actually communicate with the printer and get some work done.

While this is just a personal problem, I have very little time to physically work on my printer, as I have a 6-week old infant at home, so I do most of my work while I’m at work remotely. I compiled the firmware while at work. Copied it to an SD card and plugged it in upon returning home. I then wait until the next day at work to try working on it again remotely. Before I tried going to Klipper, I was using a modified Marlin firmware created by the people I bought the v4.2.7 board, BLTouch, V2 display (which currently is blank since installing Klipper), and a runout sensor. I was having some odd issues where my Z-offset was changing for unknown reasons and the wizard to set Z-offset didn’t function… it would lock up the firmware. I tried to create my own modified Marlin firmware but the printer would never accept any of my attempts. My frustrations with Marlin is what had me try Klipper but I haven’t had success with it yet.

From your log:

Shutdown due to M112 command
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
"FIRMWARE_RESTART" command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Printer is shutdown

Why are you sending all these M112 (Emergency Shutdown)? Maybe something is not correctly configured in your Octoprint’s serial connection or GCODE tab?
Also see configuring-octoprint-to-use-klipper

Side note:
Unless you are a die-hard fan of Octoprint and its plugins (I am), the more beginner friendly and better integrated solution would be mainsail or fluidd.

1 Like