Sudden communication failure

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creality 3 with ender direct feed printhead
MCU / Printerboard: 4.2.7
Host / SBC Raspberry pi 4b
klippy.log
klippy.log (17.3 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Everything was working fine for months. I upgraded to the latest version of Klipper, and that worked OK except for the bed leveling which I’ll address in another post.
Then communication with the Octopi web page started acting up. The Terminal command line has a “NOT” (circle with a slash) cursor on it, as do all of the communication options except “disconnect” which does nothing.

I can ssh into the raspberry pi, went through all the communications options in “make menuconfig” and all seems normal on that front. Then I switched the SD card in the printer to the Ender firmware, and that all works, so the USB connection to my Mac seems OK. (I’m using the same USB cable for either connection so the cable appears to be OK). I even replaced the Raspberry pi, thinking there might be a hardware problem there, but no difference.

I really would appreciate some guidance on how to proceed from here. I feel lost.

Unfortunately, this error is tedious to diagnose as it basically means that the MCU suddenly stopped talking to the host. There is no chance to determine the exact reason why.

Typical reasons and potential fixes are listed in Timeout with MCU / Lost communication with MCU

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.