Lost communication with MCU - Ender 3V2 4.2.2

Good morning,

I have random errors during my prints, it often happens that the print stops in the middle with the following message on klipper:

I have this error in my dsmesg :

[ 1279.137498] ch341-uart ttyUSB0: usb_serial_generic_read_bulk_callback - urb stopped: -32
[ 4631.532472] ch341-uart ttyUSB0: usb_serial_generic_read_bulk_callback - urb stopped: -32

I tried changing the usb cable, same issue.

I have been using my Raspberry with my printers and OctoPi for 4 years without any problems.

With this printer and this usb cable for 18 months and no problem too.

Looking at the temperatures there is no overheating of my Pi or the MCU.

Do you have any idea about these connection problems?

Thanks in advance

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3V2

MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.2 with STM32F103

System: Raspberry Pi 3B

klippy.log
klippy.log (4.0 MB)

I’m having the same issue. If you find a solution let me know!

What about participate in the discussion and support it with further information?

I am participating in the discussion. Obviously I’m the only one as our post haven’t got any response. I’m new to klipper and am at a dead end until someone can help. What else you want me to do? Very rude response tho, I’ll get help from somewhere else!!! Bye

Have you paid your premium support fees? Just $9.95 a month will get you to the front of the queue.

THIS IS A JOKE Nobody here gets paid to help others although I can be bribed at a surprisingly modest sum.

When I saw the OP I was curious about a few things and wanted to see if anybody else replied:

1. What is the actual host system configuration? The OP mentions OctoPi but that looks like Mainsail to me with Crowsnest?
  2. When was the host configuration changed from OctoPi? Is this a recent change or has it been running for a while?
  3. What is the camera and how is it connected to the host?
  4. How did you add the image of the printer to Mainsail in the bottom left hand corner (asking for a friend, it looks good).

I don’t use webcams with my printers but I know there can be issues with them. I’d be curious as to what the configuration/interface is as that would provide clues as to the problem?

@salteedogg you could help the process by providing your own printer configuration information and klippy.log and maybe having a bit of patience?

2 Likes

Hi @mykepredko.

1. I used this configuration: Raspberry 3 + Ender3 4.2.2 for several months without any problems.

2. I switched to klipper about 2 weeks ago.

3. The camera is a cheap aliexpress webcam connected in usb. I changed this one for a Logitech yesterday. I’ll see if that makes things better.

4. You can find this theme in attached file :
    Theme Creality.zip (127.1 KB)

Thank’s for your time

Thank you.

What happens if you don’t use the webcam at all?

I had this issue with the 4.2.2 I changed to 4.2.7 and got a decent USB cable and I have had no issues also removing the plate under the printer keeps the MCU cool.

Hi all,

Since I replaced my webcam with a logitech c920 I no longer have any problems.

So I think my webcam that was the problem.
Here a link of this Webcam :
Cheap Aliexpress Webcam

Thank’s for your help

1 Like