Issues installing Klipper on Ender 3 w/ BTT SKR Mini E3 1.2

I am trying to install Klipper on my Ender 3 w/ BTT SKR Mini E3 1.2 but running in to a few issues.

I am getting the message “ls: cannot access ‘/dev/serial/by-id/*’: No such file or directory” when I am trying to determine the serial port. I’ve seen a few post with a similar problem with newer klipper installs, so I used an older version of Klipper for the sole purpose of finding out what the serial is. That’s where I am obtaining the value used in printer.cfg under the MCU section.

My log file shows a few issues, such as not being able to being able to open the serial port, or formatting/syntax issues with my printer.cfg file because I tried using an old working version I had saved, resulting in an error “Error: Option ‘microsteps’ in section ‘stepper_x’ must be specified”. In those instances, though, it does seems like I am making a connection with the serial, so I don’t understand why I am not able to connect at other times. Fixing the various syntax/format issues seems to result in an error connecting to the board.

Klippy.log can be found here https://pastebin.com/raw/rqqnM7W0

For me it looks like your firmware is not configured properly. Make sure to follow klipper/generic-bigtreetech-skr-mini-e3-v1.2.cfg at master · KevinOConnor/klipper · GitHub and set the relevant options. Especially USB communication instead of Serial.
Then reflash your board.

Make sure that you have !PC13 specified in the Initial Pins section of the build. Your menuconfig should look something like the following: