Klipper for Ender 3 Max + 3D touch?

So, just got my first 3d printer, the Ender 3 Max and getting a 3D/BL touch as the bed is warped and causing me a lot of issues.

Will klipper work with the Ender 3 max?

I have a spare pi laying around and was thinking about setting up octoprint anyways so this sounds like a great option.

I don’t want to start the process only to find that the Max is not supported yet though.

1 Like
1 Like

Great, I did not see that in my googling.

I just got klipper installed, it seems to be working but getting a strange error when I try to print:

Recv: // MCU 'mcu' shutdown: ADC out of range

Recv: // This generally occurs when a heater temperature exceeds
Recv: // its configured min_temp or max_temp.
Recv: // Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
Recv: // “FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the
Recv: // config, and restart the host software.
Recv: // Printer is shutdown
Recv: !! MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: ADC out of range

Looking it up does not give a lot of help, some say a bad temp sensor but it is working fine and printed fine with the stock firmware. Also it works fine if I turn the temps up, it is only once it tries to start printing that the error happens.

Ok, think I figured out the error, seems the stock config file sets the max temp to 250, I was trying to print a temp tower which started at 250 and that caused it to freak out. I raised the max temp to 260 and so far no issues.

I also have a question about the screen button, is it supposed to do something? Right now it does not appear to do anything?

1 Like