Klipper for Creality Ender 3 V3

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 V#
MCU / Printerboard: ?

Describe your issue:

…Is (will) the new Ender 3 V3 printer supported? Is there a config file somewhere?

1 Like

It will be supported as soon as someone who owns this printer provides a config for it. At least assuming that model does not use hardware that is completely unsupported by Klipper. Then more work has to be done.

One of the main determinants of whether a printer is supported is the type of printer-board that is installed. If you have this printer and can take some pictures, and more importantly, determine the exact type and used MCU, then we may be able to tell you more.

I took off the bottom to get a look at the mainboard. Here is what I found on the MCU chip

GD32F303
RETG
AUJ6386
AC2222Giga
GigaDevice
ARM

On the pcb board

Creality
CRYNS200320C13

GigaDevice website has a product data sheet on the MCU.

Would this help someone develop a config file?

Jim Roe

Typically, you find something like “Creality 4.2.7” or similar there (front or backside). This is why I asked for pictures…

The pictures I took were not very sharp. The various pin labels couldn’t be read. The parts that could be read are in my email. I didn’t take the board out to look at the bottom.

This board is very different from all I have seen so far in that there is not a tangle of cables connected to it. The stepper drivers have no cables, there are few if any thermistor wires showing, etc.

Without being the authority here on low-level MCU topics, this does not look too good at first glance:

• Seems to be a completely new board
  • The STM32F303 chip is not supported in Klipper and neither is the GD32F303 (the GD32F103 was more or less a drop-in replacement for the STM32F103, but if this is true for the F303 series, I do not know. So it could be even worse)
  • There is not even a Marlin released for the Ender 3 V3, and Creality is not exactly known for releasing their sources on time (if ever). Countless GPL violations are already known with this fine company.

Overall, it looks like an interested and knowledgeable developer needs to port this MCU to Klipper. When this might happen, I have no idea.

Thanks, I guess I’ll just wait it out.

I have to correct myself:

• The GD32F303 is in fact already supported. E.g. the Creality v4.2.2 board is using it
  • Compilation instructions would be:
    • STM32F103
    • 28KiB bootloader
    • Serial (on USART1 PA10/PA9)
    • Disable SWD at startup

What is then remaining is to find the proper pin mapping and check if there is any additional hardware that would need special handling.

I’ll give it a try today and report back. Thanks.

I would recommend to only try it if you have a proper way to restore your printer. After a quick look on the Creality webpage, I did not find any released firmware for this printer.

Edit:
There is: Ender-3 V3 SE Software & Firmware Download - Creality 3D
Compiled at least but no sources

Edit 2:
Seems the package has a separate firmware for the TFT display. This could be a strong indication that the display will not work out of the box in Klipper.

I have found someone who has started a CFG for this new printer im not sure if it works yet ill update ine my V3 arrives and I install this new firmware

Oh hey, I recognize that config.

Let me know how it works out for you. I’ve been running klipper on this printer for a week now and even added a filament runout sensor to it.

I kept the config basic in hopes of eventually submitting it to the main example configs.

1 Like

Creallity has added the firmware for V3 to their site so it should be a backup for experimenting. I really like their display but I don’t use it with klipper. I may try it this afternoon.

Hey,

• Load cell for auto Z-offset calibration

Is it even possible? Is it just a matter of configuration/calibration, or is the whole functionality missing in Klipper? I have this machine and could help with testing.

btw, thanks 0xd34d for sharing your configuration

1 Like

Hi guys, first of all thank you all and specialy 0xd34d
I am very new to this. I got an Ender 3 V2 from a friend and bought an Ender 3 V3. I had Klipper on the Ender 3 V2 and wanted to install it on the 3 V3 as well. After using the provided code from 0xd34d and conducting a lot of testing, this is what I came up with. It works great for me. I would love to receive some critique and additional input. If you want to use it or work on it, it would be an honor for me.
printer.cfg (6.0 KB)

I had some help from Chat GTP :smiley: and other places, there are some macros aswell in it, i am still working on it!

Sorry to be so tardy, but I got it to work as well a week ago and I’m very happy with it. I do miss the display but really don’t need it for everyday work.

gz!
maybe if u like u can share your result maybe i can learn from you ore can make mine better.
You not have to! Only if you like

1 Like

I compared your print.cfg to mine and the only differences were in various endstop, center, etc positions. You have some gode macros that I don’t have (I include a separate my_macros.cfg file). Neither of us have a display section - which I hope some guardian angel will supply some day. :grinning:

Can you post some pictures of your display? How is the display connected?

I have compiled the firmware. But if I copy the Klipper.bin to the deleted original SD so that only the Klipper.bin is still on it, this is not imported after plugging in and switching on the printer. Is there still a trick?