M106 problem? or config issue?

Printer Model: ender6
MCU / Printerboard: Manta m4p
klippy.log (5.2 MB)
config-20231205-172511.zip (4.1 KB)

Ok so up until just recently the ender 6 was operating properly… now within the past week im getting this m106 error not reconized and my part cooling fan does not come on during print, but i can manully turn it on…now my ender 3v2 with mini skr3 bboard has pretty much the same cfg minus the machine specific details and it turns on and off the fans like it should. so i am lost for words and thought at this point and maybe because of frustration i have missed something below i will upload ender 3 cfg for comparison. hopefully someone here can spot something and help out maybe post a cfg additive etc, also i should not that no where in my slicer gcode do i have a m106 command.
config-20231206-133939.zip (2.8 KB)

Is this the typical case of “I did not change ANYTHING and it suddenly stopped working!”? :innocent:

The only fan that is controlled via M106 is the one that is configured in [fan] and you have no such config block in your printer.cfg

No sadly i wish i could say that, i cannot honestly say i did not change anything…it is very possible i did something by mistake.

I thought i did have a block forr both fans on my ender6 which is the problem machine, i do belive they are called my nozzle and extruder part fan. Now yes on my ender 3 i know in the cfg file there is no such block, and that printer runs without issues, it turns the fans on and off as it requires during print.
This is where my confusion is coming from.? Lol

[heater_fan my_nozzle_fan] # --> Correct, you can name it how you want

[fan_generic extruder_partfan] --> Wrong, must be [fan]
pin: PD4

AH!! I see i see ok so in replacining that can i put just fan then extruder_partfan? Or would it be like the Heater_fan ?
But now that you point that out it does make sense because of the generic

Klipper can only control one part cooling fan and this must be named [fan] without any further additions.

If your printing head has two part-fans, then they cannot be controlled separately, but must be wired in parallel and connected to the same fan-pin on the board.

Ok that does make sense…thank you
So for some reason i must have changed that not thinking.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.