M600 macro that works with BTT smart filament sensor

Basic Information:

Printer Model: RatRig V-Core 3.1 500
MCU / Printerboard: Octopus 1.1

I use the BTT smart filament runout and jam sensor. If I use the standard M600 macro and change the spool / load new filament, the sensor keeps triggering on “resume” instantly.

Workaround: I disable the sensor manually while loading the new spool and resume with the sensor disabled. then once le print is running for a layer or two I re-enable it - and the printer keeps printing.

Did someone solve this with a better M600 implementation or so?

Thanks!

this is the current M600 macro I use:

[gcode_macro M600]
description: Executes a filament or color change by pausing the printer letting you cut the old spool - purge and reload new filament.
gcode:
PAUSE
##UNLOAD_FILAMENT
PURGE_FILAMENT
M117 Bitte neues Filament mit guter Spitze einsetzen.
RESPOND MSG=“Bitte neues Filament mit guter Spitze einsetzen.”
LOAD_FILAMENT

[gcode_macro PURGE_FILAMENT]
description: Purges cut filament
gcode:
SAVE_GCODE_STATE NAME=unload_state
G91
{% if params.TEMP is defined or printer.extruder.can_extrude|lower == ‘false’ %}
M117 Heating…
# Heat up hotend to provided temp or 220 as default as that should work OK with most filaments.
M104 S{params.TEMP|default(220, true)}
TEMPERATURE_WAIT SENSOR=extruder MINIMUM={params.TEMP|default(220, true)}
{% endif %}
{% set unload_speed = printer[“gcode_macro RatOS”].filament_unload_speed|float * 60 %}
{% set unload_length = printer[“gcode_macro RatOS”].filament_unload_length|float %}
M117 Purging filament…
# Extrude a bit
G0 E10 F300
M117 Altes Filament ist durch!
RESPOND MSG=“Altes Filament ist durch! Neues Filament mit guter Spitze einsetzen.”
RESTORE_GCODE_STATE NAME=unload_state

Macro LoadFilament is practically the same with different speeds as purge

Hello @BeeJayF !

When you paste in code snippets, please use the Preformatted Text feature in the editor:

Format

Or upload as file (klippy.log preferred, as it was asked when you opened this thread):

Upload

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.