Maximizing Speed test from TeachingTech

Printer Model: Creality CR10v3
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 2.5.2

Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to run Michael’s speed test.
The same printer while using Marlin I could see under extrusions happening above 80/90 mm/sec
However with Klipper speed appear capped and will not enter under extrusion state.

Attached is my config file. I can print and generate log, but suspect this is a config item.

I’m using the “slicer” on the page to generate the gcode (attached) with speed between 120-160 which should def have some under extrusion articles, yet it printed just perfect, which tells me the firmware somehow caps things at 70 or so?

Any ideas? thank you!

printer.cfg (5.6 KB)

speed (4).gcode (1.3 MB)

Referring to this topic:

1 Like

Thank you Eddy,

I’m not after speed, rather calibration to find the best setting (i.e. I’d be fine if Klipper ends up being slower than Marlin).

It appears though that on my settings there is some governor on the feedrate; as I know this actual printer can move faster and start under extruding.

I opened your gcode in Prusaslicer, and it shows the entire print at 120mm/s. A quick look at the text in the file shows every layer is set to F7200 which confirms this is a gcode issue, not a Klipper issue.

1 Like

It appears to be a known issue, and it also appears that he’s not responded to this issue more than 5 months after people began reporting it. I would look for a different way to generate this test gcode, or you’ll need to manually edit the speeds which would be a bit tedious.

1 Like

Thank you Jake! Appreciate the deep dive!