MCU probleme firmware.bin not called FIRMWARE.CUR

MCU / Printerboard:Manta M8p V2.0 / CB1
klippylog
klippy (3).log (185.7 KB)

Hello, I am studying engineering in Switzerland and I build 3D printers, including those with Klipper. I have a fair amount of experience and I usually know how to manage. I was curious to test the Manta m8p V2_0 for one of my projects, which worked perfectly. However, I can no longer communicate with the MCU. There’s no problem with the CB1, the communication is OK, and the klipper.bin file is OK.

But as soon as I put it on the card and restart, I type ls /dev/serial/by-id/ and I receive the message ls: cannot access '/dev/serial/by-id/': No such file or directory. I have configured Klipper in several ways each time and replaced it, I have reinstalled the CB1 several times, but nothing…

In the very beginning (when I hadn’t finished anything yet), I managed it and for some reason, nothing more… With KIAUH, I installed the updates, I looked at the forums and tried several things, but still, nothing… But I’m far from being the only one to have had this problem with this card, so that reassures me!
And my firmware will not remplace “firmware.bin” by “FIRMWARE.CUR”, I think is THE problem of this…

Could anyone help me resolve this problem? Please ask questions so that I can be as precise as possible!!

grafik

1 Like

Please give us more information how you tried to upload the firmware to your Manta.

Maybe you deleted your bootloader.
You may have a look here Manta-M8P/V2.0/Firmware/README.md at master · bigtreetech/Manta-M8P · GitHub

Did you try the SDcard way?

Good luck, hcet14

Thank you for your response. I followed the tutorial from the Bigtreetech manual on GitHub, but I had to modify the firmware to install a canbus ebb42. It’s possible that the bug started from there as I couldn’t test it beforehand. In the meantime, I removed everything and put it back exactly as the manual describes. Could it be an EEPROM problem?

And as in the tutorial, I didn’t install the bootloader. How do I install it? Or where should I define it ?
what other information would be useful to you?

ok i install the bootloader for the manta m8p v2, but it’s not worked, I have this message "biqu@BTT-CB1:~/klipper$ sudo dfu-util -d ,0483:df11 -R -a 0 -s 0x8000000:leave -D ./M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util / Tickets

dfu-util: Could not open file ./M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin for reading: No such file or directory
biqu@BTT-CB1:~/klipper$ sudo dfu-util -d ,0483:df11 -R -a 0 -s 0x8000000:leave -D ./M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin.1
dfu-util 0.9

dfu-util: Could not open file ./M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin.1 for reading: No such file or directory
" do you have other ideas ?

I think I have the same probleme :Problems with Btt Manta M8P bootloader - #3 by PhilsWorkshop

Exists the file “M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin” in the path “./”? Maybe you downloaded “M8P_V2_H723_bootloader.bin” somewhere else?

I would do

0483:df11 is the DFU ID of M8P (We can get it by running lsusb command)

before you try to write the bootloader again to check if “0483:df11” is the correct ID!

Yes I have install here, I don’t know what is the problem, and yes it’s the good ID, How I can reboot my mmu ?

I noticed when I try to install the bootloader once I reach 100% it deactivates dfu mode, maybe this affects the bootloader installation?

"biqu@BTT-CB1:~/klipper$ sudo dfu-util -a 0 -D ~/klipper/out/klipper.bin --dfuse-address 0x08002000:leave -d 0483:df11
dfu-util 0.9

dfu-util: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
Opening DFU capable USB device…
ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface…
Setting Alternate Setting #0
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 1024
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash "
Downloading to address = 0x08002000, size = 28564
Download [=========================] 100% 28564 bytes
Download done.
File downloaded successfully
dfu-util: Error during download get_status
"

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.