MCU shutdown timer too close - on first move after homing

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Creality CR6-SE
MCU / Printerboard: Creality CR6-SE running on Pi Zero 2 W
klippy.log

klippy (8).log (2.9 MB)

Describe your issue:

I get MCU shutdown timer too close after homing.

It seems a little random. Just now I reloaded the Klipper firmware onto the printer and it ran fine. But now it refuses to do anything after homing.

The printer worked mostly fine, having only got it working a month or so ago on Klipper. After upgrading to the latest clipper, Mainsail etc… it has had issues.

James

I have the same issue. Do you use the webcam with your pi zero 2 w. I am also using Pi Zero 2 w with skr 1.4 tubo

I was. Was using a Raspberry Pi cam v2.

I disabled it to try and debug it - but it’s still doing it.

If you find anything please let me know. If i found i will let you know.

Your host buffer was high.

Good luck, hcet14

Thank you.

I’m not sure what that means when all I’ve done is issue a G1 command

Neither am I, but the Pi Zero 2 W might be too weak.

The Pi zero W yes, but the zero 2 W should be able to do it.

So, I am not sure why… but it found that it was my homing routine.

As part of the deactivate I set the heater to stay on with SET_HEATER_TEMPERATURE.

Removed that and it seems to be behaving itself.

Not sure if that’s a bug to flag or not.

@Sineos I think your online log analyzer is having troubles with this file. The time axis is wrapped and that low buffer event doesn’t shows up with scripts/graphstats.py, maybe it’s missing a few sample_resets?

1 Like

I was wrong.

It’s not the temp setting function.

Printed last night with no issues - this morning it crashes when trying to home.

Am at a loss as to why it’s not working now, it’s so intermittent.

Could you post that klippy.log?

Interesting. Thanks.

Here’s the log - you’ll see multiple crashes all the way through it.

Here’s the config too. Note that I have separated out gcode macros into a separate file that is then included into the printer.cfg.

I am at my wits end - it must be something stupid that I’ve done with the config etc I’ve tried all sorts of things at this point. I don’t think there’s anything unusual about my CR6-SE - about the only weird thing is the strain gauge and turning off the heater when probing.

config-202355-145140.zip (3.9 KB)
klippy (11).log.zip (601.9 KB)

klippy (1).log.zip (1.6 MB)
Can some one help with the log file. I got random discoonecton after 3 hours printing. 3 hour print are fine after if more then 3 hours then its mcu error cames. I have attached the log file.

After further investigation it appears that reboots resets the CLOCK_MONOTONIC used as a time reference in the log. The scripts/graphstats.py is also affected by this. I have modified the script to fix this issue and to draw vertical dotted lines for klippy starts (green) and shutdown (red).

First log @jamesc:

Second log:

I don’t see anything suspicious beside somewhat high system loads, but that’s not always correlated with the shutdowns.

@Robotics Please open a new topic and provide information about your system (SBC/Pi, board, printer)

I already did . I am pi 0 2w and my board is skr 1.4 tubo.

Infuriating, but thanks for the graphs.

I can’t think what it is … apart from maybe something wrong with my printer board.

Sorry, I missed that.

There is two different shutdowns in this log. The first is “Timer too close” while the second is “Missed scheduling of next digital out event”

CPU usage looked ok during the first shutdown:

I’m not sure what caused this queue_digital_out command to be sent too late:

Receive: 98 17899.361335 17899.361010 11: seq: 15(991652), clock clock=796263716(17899.360667)
Sent 97 17899.362195 17899.361555 16: seq: 15(991653), queue_digital_out oid=20 clock=792112000(17899.326068) on_ticks=6200131
Receive: 99 17899.362556 17899.362195 12: seq: 16(991653), shutdown clock=796405113(17899.361845) static_string_id=Timer too close

The second shutdown was likely triggered by a system load spike of 520%:

There is something on your system that consumed a lot CPU at that time. Try disabling camera and see if it helps. You could also monitor the system process using htop over ssh. What OS are you using on the pi?

Are the shutdowns happening only right after homing like jamesc’s?

You could try confirming that the issue is software related by reverting to an old git commit. Can you remember when was the last time you updated before that recent update?
Log files contains lines like Git version: 'v0.11.0-212-g90e1477d' indicating the version. Maybe you have old logs dating back before the update?