Mid print error MCU 'mcu' shutdown: Can't assign oid

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 5 plus modified with a direct drive extruder and Mosquito Magnum hotend.
MCU / Printerboard: atmega2560
klippy.log klippy (6).zip (1.4 MB)
Printer cfg.txt (6.1 KB)

Describe your issue:

I was using a Sonic Pad with my Ender 5 Plus but had lots of connection issues so I migrated to a BTT Pad 7. The printer is flashed with the firmware that Sonic Pad gave it and I’m using a modified version of the printer.cfg that the Sonic Pad gave me.

A few hours into the print it stopped and showed this error:

I would really appreciate help with understanding what is the issue and how to resolve it.
Thanks everyone
Cai

Sonic Pad and BTT Pad 7 are Klipper Hosts Klipper Architecture / Ecosystem

What is the difference between those two printer.cfg files?

Why don’t you start over. Fresh installation of Klipper with your BTT Pad 7.

Good luck, hcet14

2 Likes
Loaded MCU 'mcu' 100 commands (v0.10.0-169-g520273e5-dirty-20221117_184919-ubuntu

You are running a very old and apparently modified firmware on your printer board. Flash it with a current firmware build from a clean Klipper source and try to reproduce the error.

2 Likes

Thanks both of you!

I modified the printer.cfg to include the relevant mcu and changed the extruder rotation_distance because I have a Bondtech ddx.

I have just reflashed the printer with the standard klipper using the instruction below.
https://www.klipper3d.org/Installation.html

1 Like

My printer just completed a 12 hour print. Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.