Missed scheduling of next digital out event error

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4
MCU / Printerboard:Fysetc Spider King STM32F407/Mellow SHT36 Canbus toolhead
klippy.log
klippy-S.log (7.1 MB)
(The log has been cropped because it’s a three-hour print The file is too large )

Describe your issue:

Hello everyone, I have a Voron2.4 running Spider King and SHT36 CAN tool board, the host is NVIDIA Jetson Nano, Spider King through usb to canbus bridge mode connection to SHT36, I have been printing normally for some time (about 2 hours each print), however recently I was printing a larger model, which took 7-8 hours, and printing is always interrupted by an error around 3 hours, Klipper show error :
“MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: Missed scheduling of next digital out event”
or
“MCU ‘sht36’ shutdown: Missed scheduling of next digital out event”

But, sometime it will finish the print (twice), so I’m very confused, I looked in the dmesg when the error occurs and it doesn’t show any device interrupts, even in the ifconfg can0 is still there And no packet loss or error, but the klipper can’t connect to the motherboard anymore, unless I turn off the whole printer or replug the Spider King’s USB cable, is there any way I can try to fix this?

Can anyone help? I’ve been stuck here for almost a week, I reinstalled the system and klipper even firmware but the problem is still the same

Thank you for posting your klippy log! It looks like you are seeing some retries in here… This count jumps right before it tanks, bytes_retransmit=2020 . The interface doesn’t record errors yet, so the retries are the best indication of trouble. I would start with the easy stuff, check your termination with a meter, verify you don’t have a loose connection (those microfits we all gotta crimp on top), etc…

The not waking up after a crash thing, is normally related to setting hotplug on the interface, I’d also force disable any power saving stuff. I’ve never worked with a jetson, but my la potato likes to sleep USB devices that it shouldn’t, but you can see it very clearly doing that in dmesg. Maybe worth a glace there next time it tanks too. Hope this gives you a lead or two to work worth…

Thanks for your reply, I have now re-crimped those terminals and used some solder to make sure it makes full contact with the wire, now testing if the problem is still there, about the power saving settings of the device, you mentioned that you can find it in dmesg See clearly, would like to ask if there is any sample message? Because I don’t see any device being turned off at the time of failure