My print won't start

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 pro
MCU / Printerboard: skr mini e3 v3
Host / SBC btt pi 1.2
klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

So this morning I turned on my printer and it usually need one minute to see the screen but this time after 5 minutes it wasn’t still online so I checked if some cables were unhooked but everithing was okay. I even put the ethernet cable but still no sign of life.
Sorry for the terible english

If only you had included the klippy.log, like you were instructed to when you created the post.

1 Like

klippy (1).log (881.7 KB)

Which “screen” are you referring to?

1. Your Mainsail/Fluidd web page
  2. KlipperScreen
  3. It looks like you have an “st7920” attached to your main controller

If it’s not option 1., can you see the Mainsail/Fluidd webpage on your PC?

no, I’m refering to the lcd screen and it shows nothing only blue

and if use the ip adress there is no online connection

Besides the printer’s LCD, you usually have a WEB frontend, either Mainsail or Fluidd or OctoPrint.

yeah Mainsail, sorry if can’t explain but I’m not english

You can’t SSH into the SBC btt pi 1.2?

If that’s the case, then It sounds like it isn’t working - can you plug the SBC btt pi 1.2’s HDMI output into a monitor and see what comes up?

I can’t ssh and on the monitor nothing comes up. I think I need to refresh the sd card but I don’t know how to do it

Follow the same process to set up the SD card you did originally.

Once you’ve done that, install Klipper using KIAUH.

I’m refreshing my printer with the same sd card is correct or I need a new one? and I don’t need to do anything to the btt pi?

How do you normally shut down your printer - do you just turn off power, or do you do a “software shutdown” first?

It’s recommended that you do the “software shutdown” first and if you are doing that then the SD Card has gone bad. This is the same as just turning off power to your PC; sometimes important operating system files are being updated when the power cuts out and the OS becomes trashed.

If you’re just shutting off power then you should be able to use the same SD Card. If you’re doing a “software shutdown” then get a new SD Card.

Just to be on the same page: The issue most likely is your BTT Pi and not the printer board.
Using a new SD card that is free of errors is always a good idea.

I bought the new sd card and still can’t connect
I think it’s a problem of the btt pi.
what should I do?

Please post:

1. Your latest klippy.log
  2. The output of ls /dev -l | grep tty* <== This will list your active serial ports
  3. The output of dmesg | grep tty* <== More serial port data

I’ve just run through this with the same board but with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W.