No trigger on x after full movement

Basic Information: “No trigger on x after full movement”

Printer Model: Ender 3 v2
MCU / Printerboard: Creality 4.2.7
klippy.log (2.6 MB)

klippy.log

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

In the middle of setting up my first klipper-run printer, run into all sorts of issues along the way. Great learning experience so far. I am running into an issue where my x-motor isn’t really responding to any commands, like homing or stepper_buzz. No real idea what the issue is because I checked if all the plugs were seated properly. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

1 Like

Make sure to verify:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,

I flashed the linked firmware and immediately tested the x/y/z endstops with no issues, but I am receiving a “No trigger on x/y/z after full movement” error after trying to home each axis individually. What should I try next?

When homing, Klipper moves towards the endstops. Verify this

When Klipper has not “found” an endstop signal before reaching his maximum movement range, the error “No trigger …” is thrown.

So the only possible reasons are:

• Not moving towards the endstops
  • Wrong endstop positions (position_endstop)
  • Endstops no triggering
  • Wrong position_max / position_min values

When telling the printer to move any of the x/y/z axis, none of the motors move at all in positive or negative directions. The code itself seems to have the correct values, although I am a newly minted amateur, so I will happily be wrong in my assessment.

I have double checked the wiring plugs seating for each of the motors, both on the motor side as well as on the creality 4.2.7 board. The board itself is brand new as well. Thanks for your help so far, thoughts on what to try next?

Alright, I just went back over the .cfg files and the instructions, and redid them following the directions as given. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but it has to be in how I’m laying out the coding or what is included/not included, right?

I’m using an RP4B to control my creality 4.2.7 board inside my Ender 3 V2. I’m assuming the you’d just be looking at the printer.cfg (12.8 KB) file, hopefully someone more experienced than me can tell me what I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you to Sineos for your help so far, and to anyone else generous enough to take the time to educate me.

Seems, I missed an important fact: Is your Ender really based on a 4.2.7 board? Seems unusual.

Try replacing the relevant parts of your printer.cfg from klipper/config/generic-creality-v4.2.7.cfg at master · Klipper3d/klipper · GitHub. From your original config keep:

• [printer] section
  • position_endstop
  • position_max
  • [mcu]

The printer originally ran a 4.2.2 board back when I was running the stock configuation. I’ve since added full-metal bowden extrusion hardware linear rails and a CR Touch to it. I did also previous add a all-metal hotend, but I ended up breaking it, so it’s back to running most of its original hotend parts. I’m intending on putting on a Revo Hemera XS on it, and running it like that going forward, but I still need to print off the corresponding plates for compatibility.

In other news, your recommendations seem to have mostly worked. X & Y homed without any issue, although when issuing the Z homing command, the extruder started running in reverse. I took the time to rearrange the step_pin and dir_pin values for Stepper_Z and Extruder. That caused the Z stepper to begin to home in the positive direction. Finally changing the polarity of the stepper_z dir_pin to “!PB4” seems to have gotten it to home correctly. The next hurdle for me is integrating the CR-Touch, since it’s installed but not being activated through the printer.cfg file.

With those issues being resolved, Thank you for your time and expertise Sineos. You’ve been a great help, keeping this both fun and informative for me.

1 Like

i have same problem but for ender 5, i tried everything here but still no movement, i can start the fan and set temperature

when i upload og firmware or th3d it’s working
klippy.log (128.7 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.