Basic Information:

Printer Model: Selfmade
MCU / Printerboard: mks skipr
klippy.log (7.6 MB)

klippy.log
klippy.log (7.6 MB)

Describe your issue:

Hi Klipper community :slight_smile:

I have a selfmade 3D Printer running since about 3 Years.
it has a build volume of 610x700x1100mm. this is why I decided to use Servo motors ( Servo42B, now D version on X, JMC servo on Y and Z)
in the beginning I used Marlin and some weeks ago Marlin Update offered Input Shaping. The problem was that the Y Motor (JMC Servo) lost its position. I could 100% figure out that the problem only occurred when input shaping was enabled.
behavior: at every direction change, the position was shifted about 0.1mm to thy Y pos. direction. you could see the effect on the first layer already. continuous position shift to the Y+ direction. I switched to MKS Skipr board with Klipper, same here. without Input shaping no problem. As I want to use the input shaper, the workaround is to use a nema23 closed loop ( Servo 57D) on Y axis but I don’t like it, too noisy. Any ideas why the JMC Servo offsets is position at direction change with enabled input shape?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance!

Hello @GSBy !

When it works with a different motor, have you cross-checked (on a different axis), that the desired motor has no issues.

Hi Ewald, the motor printed well after disabling input shaper. and yes, I tried another JMC servo on this axis, same behavior. both tried servos are in another machine, no problem.

So, Marlin and Klipper behave the same, i.e. as soon as IS is activated it comes to this effect?

Yes, this is exactly what I want to describe

Seems strange. Maybe @dmbutyugin can chime in and has an explanation.