Ender5 - Shifts on X &Y axis

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender5-Pro (CoreXY Zero G Mercury One)
MCU / Printerboard: BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo
klippy.log
klippy.log (2.9 MB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Starts fine but while printing, the X & Y axis start to shift, video in imgur link would explain it the best.

• I think it is something to do with my settings
  • Have tried reducing acceleration with no luck

The reason I think something is wrong with my klipper settings is because I had same problem on mostly stock creality Ender5 (except SKR mobo).

TIA for any suggestions.

I rather believe that this is a mechanical problem, like binding axes.

Also, you have a quite high run_current for X and Y, which would likely need active cooling for the stepper drivers (also make sure your steppers are OK with this)

Thank you. I also suspected that something is binding in coreXY.

However earlier it was cartesian on mostly stock Ender5 which makes me wonder if my klipper settings are correct - did you notice anything wrong?

Unfortunately I did not take a video of the cartesian, I only have pics which are attached to this reddit post - Reddit - Dive into anything

Yes, there is active cooling on TMC drivers (140mm 24v fan blowing at full speed), also the motors are LDO 2.8a and they do not get warm so I think I am okay there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.