Ender 5 pro problem x homing

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 5 pro
MCU / Printerboard: bigtreetech skr mini e3 v2
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

New from klipper, i used it with octoklipper via octoprint.
Verify all until stepper motor, I notice a different sound for the x, y and z OK a little bit noisy than my marlin config.
G 28 y and G 28 z homing OK but G28 x big noise and printer shut down.
I revert to marlin to see a driver or motor problem, all is OK.
Can you help me?
x_homing_problem
Regards
Pat
klippy.log (45.8 KB)

You need to post your klippy.log file, without it it’s very hard to diagnose anything.

I upload it, where it is?
I reupload it.
Thanks for helping.
klippy.log (45.8 KB)

Follow verify-endstops and make sure your endstop is working as intended.

I notice that the kinematics are set to corexy, but to my understanding, the ender5 pro is a cartesian printer, not corexy. Have you modified the printer to be corexy? Where did you get the config file from?

3 Likes

VĂ©rification is OK.
Thanks for helping.

CoreXY a Cartesian printer
I will try to change.
I take the file from klipper config file for skr mini e3 v2 and I adapt for my printer.
Thanks fore helping

Corexy and Cartesian are two very different kinematic systems, they are not compatible. If you take a look in the ~/klipper/config directory, there is a sample config file specifically for the Ender 5 Pro. Good luck!

I try with cartesian, same problem. it seems the command for the motor don’t work the motor turn one way and after one second the other way then other way until printer stops.

Now it’s working withe cartesian kinematics, I don’t know why, I have just uncoment all lines about safe z home and bedmesh.
Thank all for help

Glad you got it working :slight_smile: