Ender 3 V2 homing - no movement

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Ender 3 V2
MCU / Printerboard: 4.2.2

Issue:

Just installed Octoprint and Klipper on my Raspi and the Klipper firmware according to the documentation. Connection works but when clicking on Homing I only hear something (a motor?) but no movement or spinning visible.Eventually it stops with an error: No trigger on x after full movement .
Tried it a couple times to narrow down the sound and it almost sounds like it’s coming from the extruder. That’d also make sense as no movement is visible (filament won’t allow it to move). I installed a BLTouch 2 years back and moved the extruder to direct drive. Neither should have any impact on PINs, I checked all Ender configs to see if there’re different PINs but they all seem to be the same. I used the Ender3V2 config, anyone any idea/tips what I might be doing wrong/missing or anything I can check?

Thanks

Please upload your klippy.log and printer.cfg files. Nobody can help you without these files.

The log doesn’t say anything interesting except No trigger on x after full movement.
But figured it out, I’m an idiot :slight_smile: , didn’t turn the printer on but only had the USB plugged in. Guess you need both, figured USB kinda overrides the switch in the back as the display and BLTouch was all on but apparently not. Well, hope that helps someone else someday. Thanks for the quick reply though :+1:

1 Like