Print Paused Right After Start

Basic Information:

Printer Model: FLSUN V400
MCU / Printerboard: Robin Nano 2.0
klippy (3).log (1.8 MB)

Describe your issue:

Alright, I was printing 2 days ago, no issues at all.

I printed yesterday, issues started occuring with the printer sometimes not starting the print, instead doing nothing after starting from mainsail.

It immediately went to the extrusion screen on my klipperscreen. interestingly it is not heating when I dont pre-heat. If I preheated it’s keeping the temperature but shows the same behaviour: jumping to extrusion menu on klipper screen.

I can exit the extrusion menu and it’s showing me it’s paused the print.
If I hit Resume it’s doing something but then telling me in the console: Print not paused, resume not possible or something like that.

Same if I hit Resume in Mainsail.

I can cancel the print on the Klipper Screen and it’s going to the normal menu.
But I cant cancel it in Mainsail. It’s Homing in both cases, but Mainsail is always stuck in the Paused Print, only solution is to restart.

What I dont understand, I did not change anything and the issues grew just overnight.

Any Idea what can cause this?
I’m completly lost and cant print anymore at all :frowning:

Does your STL have a special character in the file name? I ran into a similar problem. I noticed the STL I sliced had some Chinese characters in the name of it. I renamed the STL, sliced again, and voila - started working.

Man, you just saved my bacon after wasting many hours in solving this problem! Redid all my macros, .cfgs etc, completely clueless what was going on since I didn’t change anything and all of a sudden the printer didn’t work any more. Turns out that the designer of a model I kept slicing used the German Umlaut ä in his stl name and this made either Prusaslicer or Klipper not work. :man_facepalming:t2:

You rock dude, hope that others with the same problem will find this answer here, because Google didn’t do a good job of putting it at the top of the search results!

Cheers,
Lukas

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.