Printing Builds from CAD/CAM Source

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Monoprice Maker Select Plus
MCU / Printerboard: STM4f/AR100 and the Recore
klippy.log Not an issue!

So, I am learning slowly about ideas involving machinery, 3D Printing, using Klipper, and printing base application ideas.

So, without further ado, here:

This is something I concocted via Alibre Atom3D and I sliced it with CURA. The print is ongoing. So, I will post more as the time goes on.

With the current printer, Maker Select Plus, and the printer board (Recore), I am slowly learning how to handle building with source for formatting via an export into .stl format.

Also, I am learning about how to manage bolts. Bolts are an important part of every day life now. From large machines to small machines, bolts hold stuff together (vague and blunt here).

Anyway, I have been slacking for years on building with Alibre or any other CAD/CAM software. I am starting to feel like now is a better time than any…

So, not a real issue here and not complaining because Klipper is an awesome product and I hope you guys/gals at Klipper keep producing for years to come.

Stay healthy and eat well. Do not forget that life gets odd when we all do not rest. So, in any light, rest at will!

Seth

P.S. Just friendly advice and some of me learning new habits and traits!

Just one of two updates here…

I know Alibre is not “Open Source” but it is a useful tool. So, if this is unlike other user requests and issues and it needs to be kept away from this forum, okay.

I will make the other update, 2 or 2, and then hush on this idea of building with CAD/CAM.

What is new to me might not be new to other people and I understand completely. Neat stuff!

Seth

What is the purpose of your thread?
Do you want to advertise your CAD tool or do you want to show how to design things?
The latter seems quite specific to your tool and there are plenty free tools out there.

Neither, just boasting sort of here for no reason.

Sorry about that post. I wanted to show and tell about what Klipper can do when used correctly I guess.

Seth

P.S. I was not boasting for an advertisement or for designing. I was just reaching out to show people what is available and how they can do things that are new to me.

Hey There,

Me again, is there a list from Klipper on CAD/CAM programs that are Open Source outside of FreeCAD?

Seth

P.S. To anyone who cares…my first issue (probably not Klipper related)!

Seams!

You can append new posts to your previous ones.
Why should Klipper have a list with CAD/CAM software? The one has nothing to do with the other and there is even a Slicer in between.

Get your printer setup properly and your slicer as well.

3 Likes

For open source initiatives…

Klipper is Open Source. So, I figured, “Why not stick together?” Hate less and all that mess.

Anyway, Klipper should not list CAD source if the people behind Klipper do not want to list it. People get interference while searching threads and looking for good content.

Not only hard coding source but listings and docs. are awesome for people looking for more or less. For instance, when I get redirected to the docs. when I have issues, I learn something new…

1. Why did my printer jive me into thinking it could work?

Althought number one is funny, it is the truth at times when I upgrade printers or downgrade printers. There is always something unstated that is an issue that some niche set of people may care on while the popular vote holds to other activities.

Blah…I know.

So, CAD/CAM to Slicer to Printing from a Klipper respected board and printer type…

Nothing is wrong with that sensibility. Even though CAD does not have anything to do with Klipper per se, triangulation and extrusion (in increments) create beautiful works and working instances we all love. Printing Parts!

Seth

P.S. @LifeOfBrian , not an issue. Just sort of replying here with ideas and more things dedicated to the whole not just a part. Thank you for taking time out to ask me questions instead of just banging keyboards and being upset. Seriously, I appreciate it. I can usually answer (some of the times). All in all, I think promoting things is awesome. Klipper is a great source, no pun intended, for building blocks and real printing fanatics like me.

Without Klipper being around, I would not be able to see my self shine in day and at night while attempting to build parts that are useful, durable, and can then be processed as something else one day!

Sorry,

I just got what you mean.

Seth

P.S. If you choose to not read my elongated ideas, okay. If you reply, even better!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.