PrusaSlicer 2.5 and Arachne problem

Hello folks,

I’m having trouble using the new arachne algorythm on my printer. If I slice using Superslicer, all is well and it prints beautifully, but the same model using Prusaslicer 2.5 (Arachne algorythm) prints a crappy first layer from the start, with what seems to be a lot of flow inconsistencies, even if my purge line in my START_PRINT macro prints normally. Anyone experience something similar?

Hello @OmarC !
You noticed that PS 2.5 is a alpha version?
Do you also have trouble printing when using PS 2.5 in classic mode?

For me, the image looks like wrong first layer height.
It seems to me more a slicer than a Klipper issue.

Hi @EddyMI3D

Yeah I know it’s still alpha. Considering so many people having great results I was wondering if it was an issue of Prusaslicer with klipper, since it has no “klipper gcode flavour” like Superslicer.

The first layer height is 0.20. The same I use with Superslicer.

And yes, I also get issues with Classic mode. I copied as much parameters as I could from my Superslicer profile to no avail.

Oh well, I guess I’ll wait for future releases and see how it goes.

Thanks!

I’m using the 2.5 alpha3 with no issues on my Voron 2.4 running Klipper.

Hi @jakep_82

Mind to share one of your profiles? Would help me identify if I got some setting wrong here.

Thanks!

Your photo looks like a bed leveling issue. The nozzle is too high. My profile has nothing special. It’s almost all stock values with different speeds.

It’s not a levelling issue as I run bed calibration before each print and everything I slice with Superslicer prints spot on even with hight tolerance models. :confused:

It seems I managed to solve it starting a new profile from scratch. I must have messed the previous one somewhere.

Thank you all for being patient! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the exact problem you describe, i know you solved it by starting a new profile, but do you have any knowledge about what setting was wrong?