Randomly getting: MCU 'mcu' shutdown: Rescheduled timer in the past

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Annex K3
MCU / Printerboard: Manta M8P with a CM4
klippy.log

Describe your issue:

Starting to get the following error randomly.

Transition to shutdown state: MCU ‘mcu’ shutdown: Rescheduled timer in the past
This generally occurs when the micro-controller has been
requested to step at a rate higher than it is capable of obtaining.

Most of the time this error occurs shortly after my bed/chamber warming macro starts but it just happened a few minutes into a print. I ran into this same issue when I had a CB1 in the Manta M8P. Some times this will happen 2-3 times in a row other times I can print for 2-3 hours without an issue. I know I am printing fast (print speeds at 250mm/s with 500mm/s travels and 20k acceleration) but not anything out of the ordinary for an Annex K3. I am running 16 for microsteps, 32 definitely seems to cause the problem. I am having trouble finding a reason for this! I just found the benchmark article that talks about this but I don’t quite understand it.

The most recent klippy.log file is attached.

EDIT: Just some more recent info. I was working on resonance testing and after i homed my machine I got the same error with it just sitting there. Steppers weren’t even doing anything other than holding their current position. Rebooted the machine and everything has been working fine for the last 30 minutes. I attached another log as well.

klippy.log (376.4 KB)
klippy_1_2_2024.log (214.6 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.