SKR 1.4 klipper NO MCU FOUND!

Basic Information:

Printer Model: HYPERCUBE
MCU / Printerboard: BTT SKR 1.4
klippy.log http://paste.c-net.org/09eflqwqrgiq

Describe your issue:Trying to upload klipper for the first time,having trouble about connecting raspi4 with skr1.4 board.With the help of kiauh,i managed to flash firmware(firmware.bin changed into FIRMWARE.CUR).After that, i connected the skr 1.4 with the raspi4 via usb cable(i tried 4 different cable that i know that works for data transmission).When i try to get mcu ıd ,i get NO MCU FOUND ERROR. I tried different ports on the raspi4 but the result is same.

You can see my menuconfig settings down below.

mcu 'mcu': Unable to open serial port: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>'

Have you verified that your MCU is /dev/serial/by-id/<your-mcu-id>? I might be wrong but <your-mcu-id> sounds a bit like a placeholder :wink:

See Installation - Klipper documentation

1 Like

When i run ’ ls /dev/serial/by-id/* ’ command.I get No such file or directory error .I dont know how can i verify my mcu id i was just following steps on youtube kiauh videos and trying to merge these informations with klipper documentation.Please help

Check if Debian Bullseye Bug causing Klipper to no longer find the printer board - #8 is applicable to your case.

If above does not help, then follow How-To Trouble-Shoot and post the dmesg.txt file

1 Like

I was very busy so i couldnt follow your suggestions that day.Today i applied your solutions and had error after running ’ apt update’ that you have mentioned at your post.I had the exact error mesages you ve mentioned and run your solution codes
‘’
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9 ‘’

And reboot the printer then.But i still have the same problem and get no such a file or directory error.

And then i followed the link how to trouble shoot and run sudo dmesg -e , i get lots of informations that i dont understand.And after running sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt i cant get anything,no response.

I wonder is there any solution like,install raspberry os and mainsail again but check these lines and get the correct version of software so dont effect from the bug , i can try that option also because i dont have any saved files on the sytem so its not a problem for me.

I get these error when applying ‘’ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9 ‘’ codes according to your post.

Apparently the part with adding the keys did not work as the key-server reported an error. Except for the Warning about being deprecated, no other failure must pop up.
From your screenshots it looks like something is very wrong. Did you make sure to exactly copy the line, then paste it into your ssh terminal. Do it line by line.

1 Like

I still get errors.I am frustrated as hell,but thank you for trying to help me.Is there any solution?What should i do now?

HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ sudo apt edit-sources
HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ sudo apt update
Get:1 Index of /debian bullseye-backports InRelease [49.0 kB]
Err:1 Index of /debian bullseye-backports InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0E98404D386FA1D9 NO_PUBKEY 6ED0E7B82643E131
Hit:2 Index of /raspbian bullseye InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /debian bullseye InRelease
Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: Index of /debian bullseye-backports InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 0E98404D386FA1D9 NO_PUBKEY 6ED0E7B82643E131
E: The repository ‘Index of /debian bullseye-backports InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.bzFHsVOEg9/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure
HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.Lc96PdRmtM/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ HYPERCUBE@HYPERCUBE:~ $ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.bzFHsVOEg9/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 648ACFD622F3D138

Check if debian - gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange is applicable on your side.

Wow it looks overcomplicated for me.I dont know anything about linux just know basic coding but it seems more than i know.Should i reinstall the raspberry os and try another thing?

Ok, lets try something else. Execute:

sudo bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mainsail-crew/MainsailOS/develop/patches/udev-fix.sh)

Then reboot, if no error pops up

sigh
Try:

curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mainsail-crew/MainsailOS/develop/patches/udev-fix.sh | bash

angry-mad

sudo su
cd ~
wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/systemd/libudev1_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/systemd/udev_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb;APT_LISTCHANGES_FRONTEND=none sudo apt install --fix-broken ./libudev1_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb ./udev_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb; rm libudev1_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb udev_252.5-2~bpo11+1_`dpkg --print-architecture`.deb

Then reboot … you know, unless aliens aduct your dog

2 Likes

First of all i appreciate your patience,and started to think about if you re a high computational powered artificial intelligence or just a human ahahhahahahha.
I run the code two times because i get into the options page unintentionally at the end of the process and couldnt get out so i closed the ssh and open it again and run the code second time to just to be sure.But when i run ls /dev/serial/by-id/* code again.Result is same so no such a file or directory.

I can try to connect via UARTif it will be a solution to this problem

Ok, this looks good now. The updated packages are installed and no error messages.

Now reboot and if the board does not show up in ls /dev/serial/by-id/* then follow How-To Trouble-Shoot and attach the dmesg.txt

1 Like

It didnt show up.And sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt doesnt work

It works. I has created a text file called dmesg.txt. Download this file and post it. And please follow exactly the sequence of steps as detailed under the above link!

Sorry,i dont know how to download it.I said it doesnt work since i couldnt see anything after running code.Where can i download the dmesg.txt file?I went to winscp and see nothing.I followed the exact sequence.