SKR Mini E3 V1.2 Breaks USB detection after V0.9.0

Hello longtime marline user here, really want to try out klipper but I have spent 10+ hours on getting my SKR mini e3 V 1.2
klippy.log (17.8 KB)
to function!

I have attached a log of my skr using klipper v0.1.0. When using the firmware made from this version of klipper with and without swd enabled (Im almost positive I have a SMC board on not a GD version). There is a part in the log near the very bottom where it sees my board but the is from a firmware I found online from v0.9.0 with this firmware my board is recognized by the pi but klipper does not like it they are not form the same version.

More information that may be helpful

while using the firmware flashed from 0.1.0 Nothing registers in dmesg when plugging/unplugging the USB same with lsusb command.
when issuing ~/klipper $ ls /dev/serial/by-id/* I receive: cannot access ‘/dev/serial/by-id/*’: No such file or directory
Klipper log just complains about invalid MCU.

I cannot for the life of me understand what I may be doing wrong to cause my board to not work properly except when using the firmware from v0.9.0. Kind Regards

P.S. I really think this is a cool looking piece of software you guys are creating!

You’ve entered the wrong pin to set at microcontroller startup. Your screenshot shows pin !PA13, but it should be !PC13 per the instructions at the top of the standard config for that board.

https://github.com/Klipper3d/klipper/blob/master/config/generic-bigtreetech-skr-mini-e3-v1.2.cfg

1 Like

Okay, I will give this a shot! If it was really that simple of a mistake ill be really embarrassed… Thanks again.

If that pin is misconfigured, USB communication won’t work. That is more than likely your issue.

Still working on the setup (been having various install issues) but I can confirm I had simply over looked the pin about a 1000 times! Thanks you are a lifesaver the pi now sees my board with the current firmware.

Just got my printer to successfully move! If you would be so kind would you point me in the right direction for settings I should change/ add? I’m currently using the example config and am customizing it for a cr-10 with a smart filament sensor. Thanks again!