Stopping printing when the nozzle temperature deviates

During printing, the printer turns off when the nozzle temperature becomes more or less than the set printing temperature by ±8C. Where in the configuration is this print temperature deviation set?
min_extrude_temp: and min_temp: don’t matter

When you started the request, you were given a form to fill out which you have apparently ignored and deleted:

Please reply with this information.

Printer model: Anet 8 plus
MCU: BTT skr E3 V3 + BTT Pi
klippy.zip (1.1 MB)

my question does not concern my printer specifically, it concerns the klipper

The klippy.log contains the information in regards to what’s happening inside Klipper to have the error.

When I look at the klippy.log, during an early print, there was a failure at 49 minutes into the print where the set 225C wasn’t able to be maintained by the printer and Klipper shut down with the message above. Now, going further into your klippy.log, I see a number of successful prints afterwards.

In you Klipper Console, you should have seen a message like:

Heater extruder not heating at expected rate
Transition to shutdown state: Heater extruder not heating at expected rate
See the 'verify_heater' section in docs/Config_Reference.md
for the parameters that control this check.

Could you explain exactly what the situation is? Again, I only see one failure followed by a number of successful prints. Was there something unusual that happened in that original print?

I’m just interested in where it says at what deviation from 225C to stop printing and that’s it!) why does printing stop at 218C and not at 215C or 221C

I correctly understood that I need to add a verify_heater section in my config file and change the parameter in it “hysteresis:” ?

There are various settings associated with this. Refer to Configuration reference - Klipper documentation

2 Likes

hysteresis is not enough as it goes hand in hand with the max_error setting.
See Klipper MCU disconnect when changing glass bed for new print - #3 by Sineos and following for a bit discussion on it

But to be very clear: If you are experiencing such big deviations then you should look for the root cause. This is not a regular behavior.

2 Likes

the reason is different PIDs for different plastics, when my printer prints PETG the fan operates at a maximum of 50%, and when PLA is 80%, the PID is calibrated so accurately that sometimes due to strong blowing the heater does not have time to react, and the hysteresis is only 5C. This happens very rarely when printing parts in the form of a pipe of a certain diameter when all the fan air falls on the cube. In order not to constantly calibrate, I wanted to increase the hysteresis.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.