Support for HDSC chips (HC32F460)

No problem. I just sent you a new MR with the latest Klipper changes to help keep you updated. I hope they merge it soon so we don’t need to keep up with this :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @SteveGotthardt & @bsas , I have here a Kobra Max with Revo Six and MicroSwiss extruder installed. I should be happy to help you and prepare a printer.cfg file for the Max :wink:

I cloned your github and saw that it’s at the moment not possible to make a firmware.
Can you tell me how to make it or maybe just give me access to the firmware.bin until merged ?

Thank you for this great work !

1 Like

I have updated the repository - it builds for me now - thanks for pointing that out.

I have added a bin in the release for kobra: Releases · SteveGotthardt/klipper · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks ! Tomorrow I will made the change to my mainboard and flash the firmware.
Go for config ! :wink:

2 Likes

Some news :wink:
Added a switch to be able to go from Marlin(Anycubic) to Klipper easily :slight_smile:

Loaded klipper FW and connected to Mainsail on a Rpi4 :slight_smile:
So far so good.
Now just find the correct printer.cfg settings for the Kobra Max.
I found some configs on the net but not really working well.
I’m actually retrievieving the pinouts given by Anycubic in the source files.
I’m sure it will works :wink:

2 Likes

Great news for Kobra Max users ! :slight_smile:
I’m ready with the printer.cfg for it :wink:
Find attached the printer.cfg, let me know if it’s ok
printer.cfg (3.2 KB)

There is a great difference between the Kobra and Kobra Max, Kobra is using sensorless homing and Kobra Max the mechanical switches.

I’m happy with this config, now let’s print :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good morning friends, sorry for my english, i would like to put klipper on my kobra max, what should i change exactly?

@Marciocrt
Get the binary here:

Use the printer.cfg from the previous post.
https://klipper.discourse.group/uploads/short-url/tLmdIW6vRi5KhWZtA5dhQoP8atz.cfg

2 Likes

@SteveGotthardt gave me this message

Unable to read tmc uart ‘stepper_x’ register IFCNT
Once the underlying issue is corrected, use the
“FIRMWARE_RESTART” command to reset the firmware, reload the
config, and restart the host software.
Printer is shutdown
[image]

@Marciocrt
The board needs to have a resistor moved so that the x stepper can be addressed.
Move R65 to R66. This involves using a soldering iron.

1 Like

Sorry to bother my friend, but could you mark in the photo what you should do exactly?

@Crenwick35
Did you have to move r65 to r66? Or have to modify board?

1 Like

1 Like

Is this a 0 Ohm resistor? In this case it is just a “jumper” and it is probably easier to remove it on R65 and close R66 with some solder.

1 Like

Yes, R65 is a zero ohm resistor. So, you could just use a wire or solder to connect the pads at R66 after removing R65.
@Marciocrt

1 Like

Removed R65 and placed just wires with a switch as R65 is 0ohm so just a jumper :wink:. The switch is just for me easy to switch back to the stock firmware but at the moment not used. When you try Klipper no need to go back :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not pretty but it’s working.
Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like

Which slicer are you using?

Good evening friends, Just to let you know that it worked 100% on anycubic kobra max…

I put klipper on my other printer, anycubic kobra.
but I am not able to make Heightmap automatically, because

I noticed that Pin PB8 is on endstop_pin:.

Is there any way to fix this?

Is there a pin in there that could be used? One from the not-populated z1/e1 maybe?