Support for new Creality boards 4.2.2 with GD32F303

Hello there, I’ve tried every single suggestion you posted above and none of those worked :cry: I’m installing klipper into a rasp 4 model B and my ender 3v2 board is the 4.2.2 model with the GD35F303 processor.

I’ve tried to install the Jyers/Marling firmware a few months ago and it also doesn’t work

You may provide some more information :wink:

Basic Information:

Printer Model:
MCU / Printerboard:
klippy.log

The printer is a Ender 3 V2 with stock config so the main board is a Creality 4.2.2 board 32bit with GD32F303 processor

klippy.log (17.9 KB)

It was a problem of BIOS as we like to say here in Brazil BIOS = Baita Idiota Operando o Sistema ( Big idiot operating the system :laughing: ) I forgot to format the SD card as Fat32, after I did that it worked just fine with the first config in github. Thanks for your time @hcet14

1 Like

I have an Ender 3 v2 Neo 4.2.2 with the GD32F303.

How do I check if it has a dedicated USB?

Never mind… I also sufferd from a BIOS, SD-card need to be formatted at 4096 (for all dummies like me)

solved
Hello, I have a Sv01 pro with the 4.2.2 board and the GDF32303 as well.
Ive been trying to get klipper installed for the last few days using a laptop running ubuntu based on the ModBot video on the subject.
Ive compiled my own .bin and tried several of the .bins provided by users in this thread as well, i keep getting stuck at the serial/by-id step. my “pi” laptop keeps spitting back “no file or directory” when i run that command, ive also tried the /by path as well with the same result.
im fairly certain that im getting a good flash to the board but i cant seem to get my “pi” to talk to the board.
i also tried on my neptune 3 pro with the same result. im very new to klipper and im not sure of im just doing something wrong somewhere or if im just having issues because im trying to use a laptop in place of a pi.
if anyone has any ideas or could help walk me through how to get the serial id to show up so i can build a printer.cfg to start testing my machine with klipper it would be greatly appreciated!
solution- had to remove brltty from ubuntu now everything works fine

Hi Dave, Hope you’re well. I’ve got the same issue. But what I want to do to test this, is by flashing it back to stock. But nothing seems to work.
I downloaded the GD version of the Ender 3 V2 Neo (never knew that V2 Neo came with this board, I thought only Ender 3 V2).
Anyway, I put the long filename on the root, didn’t work.
I renamed it to randomname.bin, didn’t work
I tried kfirmware.bin, didn’t work.
I’m a bit lost here mate…any advise from anyone would be much appreciated.

To flash the Ender 3 V2 Neo back to stock I would download the firmware direct from Creality, and see what process they recommend.

Rename the firmware file to “123.bin”. Even in the readme of the downloaded fille and in the support video it’s wrong. A comment under the video brought the solution.

Thanks but unfortunately, it didn’t work either. Are you able share the link to the firmware for GD32F303RET6 MCU of Creality 4.2.2?
and do I have to reflash the screen too? if yes, which bin file should I flash it with?
Thanks

I found the solution i made a post on reddit explaing all what i had to do to solver my problem, thanks to Sineos! Reddit - Dive into anything

Follow this steps:

1.- The firmware configs:

Select the STM32F103 with a “28KiB bootloader” and serial (on USART1 PA10/PA9) communication, then please select Enable extra low-level on configuration and select Disable SWD at startup.

Compile the program.

Use MobaXterm to access the files and copy the klipper.bin file to an micro SD, be sure to change the name to 11.bin or other number.(is important to change the file name)

Turn on your printer.

now you hace done the firmware step.

PD: On this part your screen is going to be stuck on Blue light

2.- Connect the usb cable to the printer

use the following commands:

/dev/serial/by-path/*

udevadm info --query=all --name=/dev/ttyUSB0

now your rute is gonna be like this : => DEVLINKS=/dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:00:12.0-usb-0:1:1.0-port0

Copy the /dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:00:12.0-usb-0:1:1.0-port0 (example) and put it in the config file of your print and is DONE!

now you are connected.

I wanna thanks [Sineos]

and [Hazy7448]

1 Like

Thanks, but my problem is, doesn’t matter what bin file I put into the SD card, it doesn’t seems to be flashing it. I need to reinstall bootloader by the looks of things and just don’t know the way to do this. If anyone does know, please do share. Thanks

I found my way here through google after tearing my hair out for a week trying to get Klipper on my Ender 3 v2 Neo. I tried building the firmware over, and over, and over. I built 15+ different .bin’s with every possible combo of options. NONE of them worked for me. I finally decided to download your bin and it flashed and connected to mainsail first try. THANK YOU! I am a pretty technically inclined person but this was a nightmare to get going.

Im baffled as to what I was doing wrong. My best guess is that there may be an issue with menuconfig not compiling properly on my non-rpi setup because I know I tried building the .bin with the same settings you stated and it wouldn’t work, but the bin you provided does.

Hot tip for anyone that may come here in the future and you are installing Klipper on a laptop with Ubuntu instead of a rpi; you may run into an issue where “ls /dev/serial/by-id/*” and “ls /dev/serial/by-path/*” do not list any devices while the printer is connected via USB. To fix it, in the terminal or ssh enter:

sudo apt remove brltty

Then unplug the printer and plug it back in. This will fix a conflict caused by something related to using a braille display that comes baked into the full Ubuntu image. For further details see:

1 Like

See Other Single Board Computers (SBC) apart from Raspberry Pis

1 Like

I hope you got this fixed by now.

If not, what size sd card are you using? If it’s larger than 8gb, try partitioning it down to 4-8gb (or get a smaller one) and be sure that you’re formatting it properly.

And, if you’re using Windows, be sure you have hidden items visible so you can remove any system volume items hiding on the partition.

Hi, no. still not fixed. doesn’t matter the file I put it, it just doesn’t get read by the board.

I have a branch of klipper with gd32 SOC support added am looking for testers with creality mainboards