Unable to parse option 'max_temp' in section 'extruder'

Basic Information:

Printer Model: Voron 2.4r2
MCU / Printerboard: Bigtreetech Octopus pro v.1.0 H724 EBB SB2240 Canbus with u2c.
klippy.log
klippy (1).log (167.1 KB)

Fill out above information and in all cases attach your klippy.log file (use zip to compress it, if too big). Pasting your printer.cfg is not needed
Be sure to check our “Knowledge Base” Category first. Most relevant items, e.g. error messages, are covered there

Describe your issue:

Hi Guys, ive Built myself a Voron, and now im stuggling with the config file…
i have done all the software flashing and everything is showing up where it should, but this thing with “Unable to parse option ‘max_temp’ in section ‘extruder’” i dont understand what this means? i would be really greatful if someone could take a look at the klippy log and see if they can see what i have missed.
thanks in advance Nick.

Hello @Nick46

[extruder]
step_pin = EBBCan: PD0
dir_pin = !EBBCan: PD1
enable_pin = !EBBCan: PD2
microsteps = 16
rotation_distance = 33.500
nozzle_diameter = 0.400
filament_diameter = 1.750
heater_pin = EBBCan: PB13
sensor_type = EPCOS 100K B57560G104F
sensor_pin = EBBCan: PA3
control = pid
pid_kp = 21.527
pid_ki = 1.063
pid_kd = 108.982
min_temp = 0
max_temp = 250

[tmc2240 extruder]
	cs_pin: EBBCan: PA15
	spi_software_sclk_pin: EBBCan: PB10
	spi_software_mosi_pin: EBBCan: PB11
	spi_software_miso_pin: EBBCan: PB2
	driver_TPFD: 0
	run_current: 0.650
	stealthchop_threshold: 999999

[fan]
pin = EBBCan: PA1

You may take away the empty lines and the indentat6ions in front of the [tmc2240 extruder] block.

Hello Eddy, Thank you for the quick reply… i have removed the section for the 2209 driver completely and then the empty lines, i have also removed the endentations from infrront of the tmc 2240 extruder, save and restart and i get the same error message.
i have no probe connected as i will be using klicky and im not sure if i need to change the sensor type? i have an NTC 100k Thermister 3950

Did you use

:

in your configs or

=

?

Post both current extruder related sections here using the preformatted text tag.

this is everything extruder related…

[extruder]
step_pin: EBBCan: PD0
dir_pin: !EBBCan: PD1
enable_pin: !EBBCan: PD2
microsteps: 16
rotation_distance: 33.500
nozzle_diameter: 0.400
filament_diameter: 1.750
heater_pin: EBBCan: PB13
sensor_type: EPCOS 100K B57560G104F
sensor_pin: EBBCan: PA3
control: pid
pid_Kp: 21.527
pid_Ki: 1.063
pid_Kd: 108.982
min_temp: 0
max_temp: 250

tmc2240 extruder
cs_pin: EBBCan: PA15
spi_software_sclk_pin: EBBCan: PB10
spi_software_mosi_pin: EBBCan: PB11
spi_software_miso_pin: EBBCan: PB2
driver_TPFD: 0
run_current: 0.650
stealthchop_threshold: 999999

Next time please use the preformatted text tag as requested:

At least your are missing the square brackets around the tmc2240 extruder section.

[tmc2240 extruder]

Could you please upload a screenshot of the exact error and a new klippy log?
The original somehow complains about lost connection.

Looks like you have a more serious problem than only the parsing error.

sorry for that, and thank you for showing me how to use the preformatted text funtion.
the title of this discusion is the exact error message that i get.

klippy (2).log (255.9 KB)

[klippy (3).log|attachment](upload://zgxV8GhMllRol9EvT3omEhC5tdr.log) (520.6 KB)

so i removed the spaces infront of the [tmc2240 extruder] block and now i got a new error message"mcu ‘mcu’: Unable to connect" ive looked through both config files and i cant see anything wrong, but if im honest i dont really know what im looking for. i have double checked all the wiring and pin numbers and everything there is correct as far as i can see from the documentation in the voron design site. i have uploaded the latest klipper file if some one has the time to maybe have a bit of a look through it and see if they can see what im missing i would be very greatful

Can you provide a recent klippy.log please

klippy (3).log (520.6 KB)

here you go…

[mcu]
serial = usb-katapult_stm32h723xx_060022001051313236343430-if00
restart_method = command

This must be the complete path:

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-katapult_stm32h723xx_060022001051313236343430-if00

yes i missed that thank you, but there is still something else… im still getting the mcu unable to connect.

The serial seems still to be wrong.
Never saw it with this usb_katapult.

Where did you get this?

1 Like

Even if it’s tedious: But if you fixed something and you get a new error, please attach the klippy.log

This error was present all the time. Mentioned that already.
He should query the IDs as in the configuration documents.

https://www.klipper3d.org/Installation.html#building-and-flashing-the-micro-controller

1 Like

the id’s are correct , biqu@BTT-CB1:~$ ~/klippy-env/bin/python ~/klipper/scripts/canbus_query.py can0 Found canbus_uuid=0d1aa80d4f6f, Application: Klipper Total 1 uuids found biqu@BTT-CB1:~$ ls /dev/serial/by-id/ usb-Klipper_stm32h723xx_060022001051313236343430-if00 biqu@BTT-CB1:~$ python3 ~/katapult/scripts/flashtool.py -i can0 -q Resetting all bootloader node IDs... Checking for Katapult nodes... Detected UUID: 0d1aa80d4f6f, Application: Klipper Query Complete biqu@BTT-CB1:~$

life of brian, thank you, you were right! the serial for klipper was still with katapult in it and not klipper have now updated and got a new error.

it now runs thank you LifeOfBrian for making me look again at my serial id’s and thank you EddyMI3D for seeing my mistakes with the mcu and the tmc2240 extruder block, i found a wrong pin number for the adxl sensor too but now klipper starts.
tomorrow i will see if i can get it to print. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice to hear when it works now!
Such things happen especially when you are new to Klipper.

I can’t even tell you what I have overlooked two days ago that cost me a couple of hours… :smiley: